Father/Daughter Project Gets Under Way

Bob Collins

Come on Pete, give me a break. I was already chasing girls when you were born. And Navy too:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh well, the burden some of us must carry. Where in Illinois will I find Vernon Hills?

Ever since I thought of Petticoat Junction this morning I have been trying to sift through my senility to see if I could remember what kind of engine pulling the train. Yes, I know, steam, but what class?

Bob

billk

Bob - You sure you ever noticed what kind of locomotive it was, or were you too distracted by the junctions in the petticoats?

Bob Collins

What petticoats:confused: Hey man, I was railfanning all the way... well, most of the way........or was it some of the way.......what train:confused:

Bob

roryglasgow

Well, according to this site:

http://www.dreamwater.net/petticoat/hooterville_cannonball.htm

...it appears to be a 4-6-0. There was a mock-up, though, used on the set.

Unfortunately, there are several broken links on this page...a pity, because they sounded like interesting pictures... There are some nice pictures of a model of the train, though!

And Tyco made a Petticoat Junction train set in the 60s.

(I keep re-editing this message as I find new things. Boy, I'm just full of useless information tonight, ain't I?)

-Rory

RI541

My oldest duaghter used to like trains but the she got older (14) now she has no use for them unless she walks buy and sees her SD7 pulling a consit then it "Why are you using MY train?" But I think(or hoping) that she'll come around again My other 2 daughters like them more than my oldest son but my 8 year old son will sit there for hours.

BOY DO I MISS HER:confused:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Bob,
You were almost 8 when I was born, so now I know who pulled the switch when God said "let there be light". Vernon Hills is about 40 miles North and a little West of Chicago.

roryglasgow

RI541,

Mind if I make a suggestion? If "boys" are now your daughter's main interest, try and work behind the scenes to get her hooked up with a young man who's into trains. That way you'll (1) see more of your daughter in your train room, (2) be able to keep an eye on her boyfriend! :)

-Rory

RI541

Rory,
I dont think its realy boys shes interested in she never talks about them,What I think it is is that she doesn't want to be embarrest in front of her girlfriends,she a cheerleader at the highschool and I think hanging out with dad and working on the railroad is some how a forbidden practice. The couple boys shes brought over thought the railroad was "cool".

Bob Collins

Rory;

Now, now, behave yourself:D Remember that those who live in glass houses need to pull the curtains, no, no that's not right, they shouldn't throw stones. We all know where Satan empties the cinders from h---, right there in Texas........

I knew if I kept reading that table of contents on my Digitrax I'd find something that I could make work. I discovered that I can run my analog engines too. That will keep me busy until I can learn how to install a decoder. I think that is in lesson 6:rolleyes:

Bob

Bob Collins

Nothing, but it had to do with having a friendly exchange among friends.

I'll check out of the net. Don't want to ruffle anymore feathers.

Bob

roryglasgow

Bob,

I grew up near H---, in a town called Porter. As you travel down the highway, you'll notice a sudden drop in the terrain, with flames shooting up out of the pit. Right next to there is where Porter is. :)

-Rory

RI541

Bob,
I'm sorry but you must of miss understood me dont leave yet Ididnt mean to be rude I guess I should have worded that differantly I should have said I understand digitrax better than I understand teenage daughters .

billk

Shane - You will find that this bunch seems to derail quite often. Sometimes it can get frustrating if you're looking for an answer to a particular question and your thread turns into an amateur comedy routine, but usually it just makes things more interesting. I've been on forums where this sort of nonsense was not tolerated, and the result was usuallly that the forum withered on the vine due to lack of participation. I'd rather have the nonsense, myself.
BillK
PS The "Smilie" icons, ;) for example, are a good way to show that "just kidding".

RI541

Bill,

I didn't mean to offend Bob in any way I was just reading the furum and thought I would tell about my daughter more for humor than anything,I didn't mean to derail the train.
Do you have any info on an older Life-like N-Scale box car with sliding doors? Its letterd for Ontario Northland.