Fat Albert

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Gil, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

There's a full Galaxy of memories in the C-5 . . . ain't there? 8v)
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

There's a full Galaxy of memories in the C-5 . . . ain't there? 8v)
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nacelle & Pylon

Finished up the Pylon last evening but ran into an issue regarding reference positioning points between the nacelle and pylon. Finished the work early today. Below is the engine nacelle-pylon assembly for the port outboard engine. Each pylon is different due to the pylon-wing intersection being different otherwise they are the same.

-Gil

[​IMG]
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nacelle & Pylon

Finished up the Pylon last evening but ran into an issue regarding reference positioning points between the nacelle and pylon. Finished the work early today. Below is the engine nacelle-pylon assembly for the port outboard engine. Each pylon is different due to the pylon-wing intersection being different otherwise they are the same.

-Gil

[​IMG]
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

wowwwwwwwww

what is the scale of this 1?
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

wowwwwwwwww

what is the scale of this 1?
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

Port Wing Render

Engine nacelles & pylons are, for the most part, now complete. A trial render of the port wing gives a fairly good idea of how it will look on the model (Flamingo Raytrace). The engines will be 1.06 inches (2.55 cm) at their widest dimension at the intended scale (1:96).

The wing is next. It will be an interesting part to design as all the slots, flaps, flaperons, spoilerons and ailerons tend to make this an interesting part of the aircraft.

-Gil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

Port Wing Render

Engine nacelles & pylons are, for the most part, now complete. A trial render of the port wing gives a fairly good idea of how it will look on the model (Flamingo Raytrace). The engines will be 1.06 inches (2.55 cm) at their widest dimension at the intended scale (1:96).

The wing is next. It will be an interesting part to design as all the slots, flaps, flaperons, spoilerons and ailerons tend to make this an interesting part of the aircraft.

-Gil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Gil, great job. Hope you offer up this to us when your done, pay or free. Hope free haha. But will pay if thats what you do. Be looking for the C-5 and was thinking of working on it myself. My son is in the Air Force and he is a crew chef that works on them. He is a Travis AFB in Cal. Wanted to bild one for him. Let us all know what you decide to do. Great work, and thanks.
  10. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Gil, great job. Hope you offer up this to us when your done, pay or free. Hope free haha. But will pay if thats what you do. Be looking for the C-5 and was thinking of working on it myself. My son is in the Air Force and he is a crew chef that works on them. He is a Travis AFB in Cal. Wanted to bild one for him. Let us all know what you decide to do. Great work, and thanks.
  11. Gil

Gil Active Member

Snakes in the Cockpit

I thought I had a problem with the import command in Rhino going off in several tangents trying to solve the "perceived" problem. Turns out the import command imports the selected file to the default layer which was turned off. Seems that my brain was in a similar condition at the time.

The wing should be completed in a day or two. A problem with the line drawings registration between views was fixed but will require the wing filet contour to be redone.

I haven't decided on commercializing the work quite yet. It is another whole level that is above this which is still in the prelimnary stages of development. Pretty pictures is one thing. Realizing it physically in the shape of a buildable model is another. For now enjoy the journey of how the model is developed after which we'll see if the extension to a marketable entity is warranted.

-Gil
  12. Gil

Gil Active Member

Snakes in the Cockpit

I thought I had a problem with the import command in Rhino going off in several tangents trying to solve the "perceived" problem. Turns out the import command imports the selected file to the default layer which was turned off. Seems that my brain was in a similar condition at the time.

The wing should be completed in a day or two. A problem with the line drawings registration between views was fixed but will require the wing filet contour to be redone.

I haven't decided on commercializing the work quite yet. It is another whole level that is above this which is still in the prelimnary stages of development. Pretty pictures is one thing. Realizing it physically in the shape of a buildable model is another. For now enjoy the journey of how the model is developed after which we'll see if the extension to a marketable entity is warranted.

-Gil
  13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Gil, let me know if you need anything, as I said my sone works on these and maybe He can get me pics of things you need and/or I have many years of CAD under my belt I can help you out if I can.
  14. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Gil, let me know if you need anything, as I said my sone works on these and maybe He can get me pics of things you need and/or I have many years of CAD under my belt I can help you out if I can.
  15. Gil

Gil Active Member

Any Accurate 3 Views?

After collecting documentation for over a decade on the Galaxy I still have not come across an accurate 3 view. One, that is so far the best, had the elevation view reversed by the books layout artist and wasn't caught in the layout check. I'd like to know if your son has access to an accurate and detailed 3 view drawing of the Galaxy. I thank you for your offer.

Best regards, -Gil
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Any Accurate 3 Views?

After collecting documentation for over a decade on the Galaxy I still have not come across an accurate 3 view. One, that is so far the best, had the elevation view reversed by the books layout artist and wasn't caught in the layout check. I'd like to know if your son has access to an accurate and detailed 3 view drawing of the Galaxy. I thank you for your offer.

Best regards, -Gil
  17. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow!!! Finally!!! The C-5!!!

How do you plan to distribute this sir? Payware? :-D
  18. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow!!! Finally!!! The C-5!!!

How do you plan to distribute this sir? Payware? :-D
  19. Gil

Gil Active Member

Turbo-Fan Experiment

Found a little time to try out an idea. The following are the results of messing around a little and then commiting the idea to a drawing and surface development in Rhino. The results went along with the original idea. Imagine that! The resulting structure exhibits an amazing amount of rigidity. The building method needs to be refined to allow each individual blade to be separate. Other than that it works!

The image below shows the resulting prototype build out of 67# stock and a tripple layer rolled tube center ring. The diameter of the prototype is 2.5 inches (63.5 mm).

-Gil

[​IMG]
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Gil,

Those are not individual blades??!!