Fast Clock N or HO

BillD53A

Mar 23, 2002
Fort Myers Florida
Visit site
The ratio of the clock is determined by the length of the operating session you want. On my layout, I run from 6am to 6 pm, or 12 hours. I run the clock at a 4:1 ratio, giving me a session length of 3 hours.
This holds true, whether I model in HO or N or any other scale.

There is a group at Yahoo called the Ry-ops-industrialSIG. If you join it, and go to the Files section, you will find a couple of programs for fast clocks, that you can use on your computer. I use one, and it has made all the difference in my railroad's operation. HTH,
Merry Christmas, Bill Donahue

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Bill D is right...time cannot be scaled up or down...only the appearence or illusion of time can be speeded up or slowed down. Real time always remains constant or close to it until the speed of light is exceeded..."Warp 7 Mr. Sulu...we'll give those Klingons a run for their money....":D :D :D :D

i didn't mean to post another fast clock question in regards to one time. :eek: i was just poking a little fun between N scale and HO scale :p Actually i have a fast clock for my layout and i use it for operations in the same manner. i can set the different ratios up to 12 : 1. Yet i like running at 8 : 1. The 4:1 ratio is good too. Here is a pic of my fast clock.:D

Attachments

• fast clock.jpg
    fast clock.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 66