Fantom .18

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by daytondaft, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey,
    i am looking to get the fantom .18 for my 2.5 t-maxx and i heard that this is a drop in motor but i was wondering if it would rip apart my tranny if i dont bulletproof it is this true? if so what specifc gears would i have to upgrade?
    also i was wondering if the fantom .18 would take the ez-start system?
    one last thing.......where can i find the cheapest fantom .18 motor? i have looked but the best i can find is for 200 can anybody find anything cheaper????
    thanks
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

The .18 will not be too much power for the trans, just don't lock the slipper clutch.It's advertised as a drop in and will take the EZ start. Try ebay. I would also go for the works pipe for the engine.
  3. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

how fast will the fantom .18 will make the t-maxx go????
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

Depends on the fuel you use, pipe, and gearing.
  5. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

if your looking for a .18 engine with a pullstart, look at the epic .18, if you don't want a pullstart then go with the fantom. They are both pretty similar. The fantom is rated at 1.9hp@41,000RPM and the epic is rated at 1.8hp@39,000RPM and it's cheaper. Most likely you wouldn't even tell the difference between the .1HP you gain with the fantom and the extra 2,000RPM's will only let you gain about 2-3MPH on top speed or even less.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.