Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rich maiorano, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Quite an impressive streak you've got going there Tyson. Looks like you lit a fire under Miami's rear end last night. That was one fine comeback for the Ridgrunners. Looks like when we play in a few weeks I'm gonna have to put extra security on the locker room so you can't sneak any of your jugs of shine of in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Besids, we have a score settle. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Robin, looks like we're gonna have a knock-down drag-out next week. :p :p Be sure to bring your mouthpiece and cup, and remember which is which. :D :D :D :D

Rich, how's that crow, er, I mean chicken doing? Hope it goes well with your wine. :) :) :)
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Clark, now if I can just repeat what I got this week it will be a hard fought game. Time will tell but am looking forward to it.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Clark I'll have to worry with you later, I can't afford to look past this week's game against the mighty Midnight Wonders! :p :rolleyes: :D
  4. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

With the exception of Rich (who did so much trash talkin' earlier in the year :D ) the league is really tight. I don't think anyone can take anyone else for granted. Even Rich might start pulling it together. ;) I look back at the games I have played up until now and am amazed that I actually won them. Everyone is getting more savy now so it makes it harder to plan a stratagy. I think in the long run injuries are going to be a deciding factor and the depth of each team.
  5. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

Thats right Tyson you can't aford to look pass me...and it stills tastes like chicken....:D :D :D :D :D :D Rich.......:confused: :confused: :confused: can't wait to see the scores for this week:D :D
  6. Tyson Rayles

Rich thank you for helping to extend my winning steak! :p :D :p :D Robin your running back (Portis) is a franchise maker, if he has a hot game tonight you could knock off the first place "Demans"! :eek: :D I guess we know who I'm rooting for! :D :D :D :D :D
  7. Tyson Rayles

Way to go Robin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You da man!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your victory! :)
  8. Matthyro

Phew, it was sure close for a while. A hard fought game but it's always nice to win.
  9. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

I will just sit here eatin' my crow(still tastes like chicken) and drinking the wine whats left of it (Tyson wheres the Jugs at anyway):D :D :D :D :D Rich
  10. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Congratulations on a well fought game Robin. I was keeping my fingers crossed that between them, Lilie and Elam could offset Portus enough to squeek by, but when Elam injured himself (and I know how that feels, having pulled a groin muscle in high school football) :( I knew that there wasn't much chance of that.

I offer as my only defense that three of my top workhorses were collecting splinters on the bench with byes. Also my two newly aquired tight ends racked up a total of 2.5 points between them. To add insult to injury the tight end who had been barely making the cut and whom I benched had the best game of his career. Just goes to show, no matter how much you plan and stratigize in the end it comes out to luck. Even so, I must tip my hat to you. You have a fine team and they played the game the way it should be played.

OK, Tyson. Looks like we're eyball to eyball. Guess I'm gonna have to try to put a stop to that streak of yours. Next week will be a hard fought game. The last half of the season should be interesting. I'm just waiting for Rich to kick it in gear and whup both of our butts. :D :D :D
  11. Tyson Rayles

Don't worry about Rich, I've been sending his players a dozen jugs a week! :p They haven't been able to walk much less play all year! :D :D :D Hard to believe they are the defending Champs! :rolleyes: Well you have the highest scoring team and while you lost to me the first time the odds are in your favor this time. Last I heard Vegas had you a 75 point favorite! :eek: :eek: That's O.K., I like being the underdog.
  12. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Awwww Rich!!!!!!! You gotta start firing the managers & coaches or someon! :( :(

I'd fire my overpaid flunky - but it's me!! :D :D

Seems now I got the QB's starightened out -

Trainworm - Good Game!! Congrats!! :D :D

Robin - Now this week - should be a good fair game LOL
  13. Matthyro

After a day like today I wonder what will happen to our teams. Strange how good teams have problems but it's good to see some of the weaker teams making a difference like Doug Flutie leading the chargers to a win over the Vikings
  14. Tyson Rayles

Congrats Clark, that's one game apiece. Don't think we meet again during the regular season but I got a feeling there will be a third meeting during the playoffs, at least I hope so! :D :D :D
  15. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

It wouldn't surprise me a bit Tyson. The funny thing is, that going over the game results I noticed that we both made what would have been a game-breaking mistake with our choices of QBs. Fortunately for me we both made the same mistake. Seems like I was finally able to keep my guys away from those jugs this time. :D :D
  16. Matthyro

As you said Mikey, fair is fair so I am taking my lumps this week. Will have to wait till next week when Tyson and I go head to head again for the third time.
  17. Tyson Rayles

Clark you are right on the QB's. You make a choice and sometimes it works and sometimes it !$%#!@#! :D :D :D . That's life, no time to worry about it cause I got to get ready for my rubber match with Robin. :eek: :eek: :eek:
  18. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

OK AM sober now DID I WIn YET.....:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :p :p :D :D :D :D Rich

AND I DON"T DRINK TOO:D :D :D :D :D
  19. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Looks like I ended up as worm food this week in a really close game. Oh well, sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. :D :D
    Congratulations Worm Man.
  20. Matthyro

Well with my first string QB injured I am in real trouble. Good game Tyson. That's 2 out of 3 for you. If we meet again I need a win.