"Fan" of the Guage??

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Yeah,
That's the MR mag. forum.
It's an OK site, I guess...slow process wading through it though...
And there's alway at least one of those ANGRY people on there!

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Hi guys, billk thanks for the link. In a way kind of the sincerest form of flattery. 5 will get you 10 that is the gentleman that goes by Mike R here but I could be wrong. If I am my sincerest apologies to the Mike over there. Some of you may think I was a little hard on Mike R, but like I said if you didn't see the deleted post then you really can't understand where I was coming from. If you did read it and still thought that, I deeply respect your opinion but respectfully disagree. That said while I was over there I decided to make some lemonade out of, well you know. Hopefully it will encourage some to come and check out the gauge, and maybe join. When you get a chance please check out the response (on that forum I'm not Tyson but just plain Mike) let me know what you think. :)

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
That was my first thought as well. While I didn't read the deleted post (and probably quite glad, I had a nice relaxing weekend), his most recent posts are extremely courteous (although I don't know if they were b4 or after his last response in that other thread).................

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Tyson!
I went over there & gave you some moral support, & gave The Gauge a little plug.
Y'know, that guy may end up being a great recruiting tool for this site! :D
I think rockislandmike may have a point...
While waiting for all those $#@!ed uploads at trains.com, you don't have time to go get your prescription renewed! :D

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Yeah I saw that Charlie, thanks. Somebody different ought to go over there and post to that thread once every day or so to keep it at the top of the page. The post could be short and simple, just a word or two saying how nice this site is(it really is you know), and inviting them to give the Gauge a look. I agree with you that it could bring new members onboard. We seemed to have picked up about a half dozen new members since I responded to his post but don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

I posted a rather pointed response to Mr. Meaford's comments at Trains. I didn't like his equating photo posting with bragging... it all seemed to be pretty small-minded - not to mention petty - to me.

I don't know about any of the other new members here, of course, but as for my newbie status, I didn't join The Gauge because of the Trains thread. My reasons had to do with getting tired of the "silliness" on another forum. I'm looking forward to reading and writing about model RR issues again.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Welcome to the Gauge Casey, take your time and check the place out. I hope you will find there is something for everyone here. Most people here are pretty mellow, they come to learn of course but also to share and help and sometimes to enjoy a good laugh. Have fun. :)

Re: Welcome Casey

Originally posted by mrgooch
I took some time to visit your website. Very nice. Millers creek looks like a great place to go fishing.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't know about the fishing in Millers Creek. I'll have to give it a try sometime. But it's a great spot for railfanning. When the OVT&L's old No. 1 Shay comes wheezing and clanking and grinding out of the tunnel.... well, there's just nothing like it. :p

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey Tyson...

Went back over to trains.com again...the responses are starting to trickle in!

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Gee, I'm glad I started this thread! I think I'll sent an E-mail to the leader of India and tell him that the leader of Pakistan says he's a doofus.
:D :D :D :D

Whew!!!

It's not India-Pakistan over at Trains yet, but it's as close to flame-throwing as I've seen there in quite a while (if ever!). Poor old Mr. Meaford's taking some heat. But if he's going to hold strong opinions and publicly express them, he had better expect the heat.

Knowing the innocuous nature of Trains, though, I'd be surprised if that thread stays up there much longer without some "editing."