Fan duct T-33

Discussion in 'Radio Control & Other Propulsion Methods' started by paul a, Apr 20, 2007.

1. paul a

paul a Member

the goal of this thread is to build a 1-1 scale T-33 fan duct electric rc aircraft.using mainly card stock.don,t have a cad so I will be working off of enlarged patterns transfered to colored cardstock.silver poster board will be the skin.details will be inked in.the base design is 46rob,s white t-33 found in the parts bin.I enlarged the two sheets to a 3x5 poster made to fit.this gave me roughly 38 inchs in lenght.I then paste the 11x 8s together to form the patterns for the parts.after all the parts are formed I will start the build up.keeping in mind for the duct work to supply the fan the air flow and placement of the rc equipment.the three fans I have selected will handle up to a 24oz aircraft.cost of a fan 7.00 to 60.00 dollars US.first show and tell will be the patterns sometime sunday.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OOOOHHHHH impressive! Cant wait!
    Chris
  3. paul a

paul a Member

can,t wait either but this is going to be a long hair pulling build.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

paul a

If you would like some Fletcher Tanks that do not use the petal design, holler........... I just so happen to have a pdf.:grin:

john
  5. paul a

paul a Member

john I like to look at those. thank you paul
  6. paul a

paul a Member

did some work on the stab today. went with ink on the rivets.love working with color stock gives it a clean look. the chrome on the leading edge is gift wrap paper. folded over one side with tape still needs internail structure.
  7. paul a

paul a Member

going to the inlaws to do yard work inbetween will take pics of patterns and stab to up load . up load tonight.
  8. paul a

paul a Member

got some pics today the computer won,t except the camera. need a card reader.anyway the plan was blown up using blue squirrel program to a 3 x5 foot poster. I then glued the sheets together to form the part patern .cut them out and tranfered them to silver poster board.tonight I will be working on a paper pin hinge for the elevator and rudder.sorry about the pitures should have that problem solved by tomorrow.thank you paul
  9. paul a

paul a Member

got some pics today the computer won,t except the camera. need a card reader.anyway the plan was blown up using blue squirrel program to a 3 x5 foot poster. I then glued the sheets together to form the part patern .cut them out and tranfered them to silver poster board.tonight I will be working on a paper pin hinge for the elevator and rudder.sorry about the pitures should have that problem solved by tomorrow.thank you paul
  10. mbauer

mbauer Cardstock Model designer

Great build Paul!

Rivets look cool!

Best regards,
    Mike Bauer
  11. paul a

paul a Member

thanks might change the color to chrome on them.46ROB how many rivets are there in this model and do i really want to know.
  12. paul a

paul a Member

got the tail all most done. used somes foam board in the tail. could have just used paper.but i wanted 5mm thickness. and i did,t want it to sag or warp down the line.working on the paper hinge it,s going to be like a piano hinge.using a hinge for the same reason as using foam board you can only bend paper back and forth so many times then it rips, and i want this air craft to last a while. here are some picture.paul
  13. paul a

paul a Member

one more
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Did you get the tanks Paul a?

I think I have them in a much larger size if these are better for you.

The tail looks good, I think I would keep the rivets like they are. I'm strange but I think it adds to the model.

john
  15. paul a

paul a Member

no i did,t get them they are probly floating in cyberspace.and i feel the same way the silver rivets don,t show up on the silver card stock.the wing tips are 3 inches what do you think.
  16. paul a

paul a Member

I,m looking for a cockpit to model to hide the RC eqipment when i display.found the insterment panels now looking for seat and side shots.going for the clear glass canope too. at this scale a little details don,t hurt.
  17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK..........when I get home I'll email them again..........maube even the large one I did to develop it.........
  18. paul a

paul a Member

thank you very much paul
  19. paul a

paul a Member

and the original scale model in 20 lbs paper.have it in 20# paper might as well build it as i don,t need the parts to build the biger version . so this is the tail.
  20. paul a

paul a Member

and this