Falls here, back to modeling!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
After spending the Summer doing the outdoor thing (lawn work, car maintenance, ect) It's starting to cool off so I can get back to modeling. I wandered into the hobby shop yesterday and found a large collection of used items. I pulled an athearn 40' flat and the IHC honest sam's used cars out and got them for 15$ for the pair. Just the thing to get me back into it.
I'll be repainting the flat and adding a lumber load to it. I also have a spot set out for the car lot on the layout. Actually the car lot came with 4 old fords (early fourties I figure), street lights, sign posts parking meters and a dog and cat. my wife is happy that we have a cat on the layout.
That and all the other projects left over from last season!
I also have to upload a ton of old pictures to my photobucket account seeing as I now have a scanner.

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
Just got back from 18 holes of golf with my grandson and getting ready to go for a bike ride. It will be in the 70's and 80's all week. Way to early to get back inside.

Tom

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
oh,its the most wonderful time of the yeeeaaarrrr! sign1.finally all that work is over and the high 60's are kickin in now.definatley My time now :mrgreen:.i have one goos prject...starting my layout!--josh

rhtastro

Jul 27, 2007
Northern CA
Still summer

It's still summer, sort of, here in NorCal for another couple of months. Then the rains begin. This is the time of year when it cools down to the high 80's and when we get a lot of our outdoor work done. Painting, trimming, wood stacking, etc. This is our second spring here in this part of NA when plants and trees really take off again after a long hot summer. Most of my modeling gets done from Dec--March when I can't get outside much. My little train house is as dry as the main house is and I like to hear the raindrops on the roof out there. I'm always looking for a leak, but haven't found any so far. :thumb:

scottcn

Jul 8, 2006
coastal SC
My layout, small as it is, is in our unfinished attic. It's blazing hot up there in summer (this is South Carolina) and cold in the winter (well, a "South Carolina cold"). This time of year and the spring are the only times it is comfortable to be up there for long periods of time.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yep, after a busy summer getting outside, having friends come to town, camping, quick trip to brother's cottage, I am finally getting back to my layout again too.

I'm glad I put down all the sub-roadbed earlier in the year, because that means I can get straight into tracklaying. WHOOO-HOOOO!!!!

Val

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
I envy you guys. Down here in Phoenix, we've still got another couple months of summer to go:mrgreen:. I think we were under 100 today.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
"Falls here, back to modeling!" ....you mean we actually stopped?:confused: , when was this? the summer doesn't stop me:winki: , I'll have to remember this next summer:119: . EVERY TIME of the year is perfect weather for modeling and computer stuff:winki::toug::119: .
:deano: -Deano