Fallout 3 models.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Jul 6, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That 2nd link with the rifle is awesome. I can assure you (owning a small machine shop) if I mad something like that, with all that effort, it would have a caliber, maybe 30-30, easy to get ammo, and a modified lever feed to pump them babies out, Laser sight, a must!
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Good for you on owning your own machine shop. I'd love to see some of your work. Why not take your favorite Sci-Fi prop and make a working prop out of it and show us all how it's done. I know I would be interested.:mrgreen:
  4. ekuth

ekuth Guest

I wanna see him concoct a working laser rifle. I'd be the first buyer in line, that's for sure.
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

I want a TOS phaser! No, no, no... I want a TOS Phaser Rifle.... No! I want a TOS Laser Cannon for "The Cage!" That's it!:thumb:
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I am still under legal obligation and have to be careful because of the classified work I have done. I am sure you guys (one of you especially) knows what I mean. I made some bugs for some F.B.I. agents once, the paper work involved was, well, I'll never do that again. I had a 2 and 1/2 hour interview around a year ago when a new neighbor moved it. He worked for Homeland Security and my name came up. So they called me up and asked if they cold come talk to me, I said, " O.K., when do you want to do this", he said, "How about now, I right in front of your house!". I was asked to report anything I had observed about him over the previous year, which was really nothing, he is a great friend. He taught me how to service the HK's they use. Nice weapon, split laser sights, tiny bullets made for killing people and not exiting the body. His day job was an Air Marshal.

So, I know how to do a lot of things, but, I don't. Would like to though!! All my weapons are on the up and up. I was going to make a force field using a mist doped with a Borax solution and extremely high voltage, but the town said no. Zoning is tough in Connecticut.
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

For someone that has such close ties to the Govenrment and such knowledge of sensitive data and such obviousley close connections to high end Government material.... Do you think it's a good idea to, well... say all of that on a world wide forum? Yes, an HK is a nice weapon, but there are others that are just as precise and very quiet and that can be unidentifiable after they are discharged. There are so many things in the world that so few actually know about.

I wpuld edit for spelik, but I know it drives some prople nuzt.
  8. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The general knowledge is out there, there are specific things that are so out of whack, people wouldn't even know the question let alone the answer.
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Nice list lehcyfer !!
  11. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Say, MTK, you should talk to Zack Finfrock over at indymogul.com. They're doing a Fallout web series and you'd be great on props!
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Awesome group of links. Thank you.:thumb:

I was able to do a little research and have since been able to convert all of the meshes for this game and the subsequent mods and am currently working on the textures. Below are a couple of shots of just a few of the sets, characters and so on that I've spent a little time playing with. There are hundreds of meshes that can be turned into models from this game, enough to keep me busy for quite some time.

Attached Files:

13. MTK

MTK Active Member

Cool. Show him my last post and put me in touch with him. I just started playing with the meshes today and I've got everyone one of them ready to start being textured and turned into models.
  14. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Is that "LightWave" you using? I have to 2nd the move to Professional work. Your work is really impressive. AMORMAN knows a lot,a real lot, about the commercial aspect of these ventures. He is a great guy, maybe if you P.M.'d him he could give you some insight, it's way above my pay grade, for sure!
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks, I just got a few textured today. Had a couple of more in the works, but another storm came through and knocked out power and I lost everything I was working on. Here are a couple I got done before that...

Just bought the game last Friday, started playing it Sunday, Started researching it Wednesday and started ripping it yesterday and now I've got several models textured and ready to print...:thumb:

Attached Files:

16. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Slightly off topic, but as a long time Fallout 3/NV fan, I highly recommend the following mod:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418

There's tons of great stuff on the site, but this one is a must have for your wasteland adventuring. You can only listen to "Let's Go Sunnin'" so many times before you begin to go a little mad...

And pick up New Vegas too. It's worth the trip.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  17. Matty Jetman

Matty Jetman New Member

Looking forward to what you come up with MTK.

Thanks for that link ekuth, I have to start Fallout3 from the start again as my computer crashed and took the save files with it :(

All those extra songs will make playing the game pass by more easily!

Matt
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

Not at all. I'm just getting into the game and find it to be quite interesting. The mix of 50's era, Steampunk and futuristic technology is fascinating. As a long time Trek fan, I can see Kirk. Spock and McCoy stumbling onto this pseudo Earth. The one thing that is needed is this eclectic sound track. The sound track that comes with it sounds to much like the sound track from Castle Wolfenstein and Doom3.

I definately expect to get Vegas!:thumb:
  19. MTK

MTK Active Member

Mee too.:mrgreen:
  20. MTK

MTK Active Member

How about these......

Attached Files: