Fairy model question...

keith

Jul 31, 2003
Hi folks,
I need to know which fairy design is the most popular so i uploaded them to my site and am asking you to look at the last 3 images :-
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jww1948/mum/index.html

The difference in the designs is just the dress length and collar style, please take time to look at them and say which of the last 3 designs is your favourite.

Many thanks

Keith

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Boy in all my years I NEVER though I would get to vote on a fairy!!!!!

Number 1 - because the dress length makes her look more lady-like sitting on the flower.

Now I have to go and lift a car or something equally large to show my manhood. :grin:

john

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Brandon, Mississippi, USA
Yes the longer dress makes the number 1 pic look more refined and ladylike... but were talking about a fairy here, I seem to recall that they were supposed to be playfull and stuff so I vote for number 2 because number 3's dress is just to plain.

O, and speaking of the dress, have you thought about something without sleeves? Then she could have those arm cover things (I can't think of what to call them, but I know my sister made a pair out of some long socks with lots of little decorations on them.) uh.. they are like gloves, but don't cover the hand if that helps.

... now I have to go find a semi-truck to push start...
icon6.gif

Gefahren

keith

Jul 31, 2003
Thanks,
i asked my mum, it's for her in lue of a christmas present....she said no. 3 ?
4 hours making it look more fairy like and she wants the original short one!!
I agree it's too plain!!!

I'm thinking of making it my first commercial model so maybe i should refraise the question...
1) If you was to build the model for yourself, which would you build?
2) If i do a set, should they be more adult oriented?

Keith - Off to paint the intricate space 1999 eagle model PINK :-D
(with hanging baskets)

mininote

May 28, 2005
Would you consider making a blank and propose a contest about a styling line for fairies?

May be a fairy would be delighted to become a top model...

keith

Jul 31, 2003
Another fairy and a snail!

Ok, another fairy model to vote on :)
PLEASE vote on the fairy, not the snail, the bottom 2 images show the final snail model. I need some input on what colours work together.
Same link as before, this time there are 7 different varients of the same model.

I find it amazing how some colours just don't work together, no-one i've asked likes the one with the blue leggings.

I'm betting none of the male members dare show their wives, girlfriends, mothers, just in case they say 'build me one' ....i've been ordered to make 2 more already :)

keith

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
The first one...but make the stockings striped maybe. I have an aversion towards the color red for some reason...hehe.

The test build looks pretty good.

mininote

May 28, 2005
I'm impressed

Your fairies are so cute.Test build is just GREAT.
A quick question...About this fairy on the flower, could you check if the hands are right? I have a bad feeling about the thumbs being on the wrong side on CG views.

About the wings, with a little less texture, we could print them on transparent material. Depending if you are thinking about wings like those of bees, or butterflies (shape should be different).

Outfit could be green with shape or texture like a leaf.

keith

Jul 31, 2003
Your not suppose to notice things like that :)
I did put the thumbs on the correct side in the final model and the build, the picture doesn't show the hands that well, they're tiny.

Ashrunner seems to like more leg on his fairies :-D
and Widget ..... oooops LOL
I think i'm going to be hated when i publish these.

I am listening to all comments, thanks

keith

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
Funny thing about the fairies...a while back I was out late one night to get the moonlight just right during off and on rain showers (yes...where I live, it will rain, clear up, rain, clear up, ect). I wanted this light and conditions so I could shoot some photos of a fairy ring I found near my house. During the shoot, I kept thinking it would be great to have a fairy to shoot in the middle of this ring. Maybe next time I find a ring, I can do it 8v)

MartinMtz

Mar 14, 2007
Keith did you ever create the models for the fairies? or do you have any pictures of them. I work as a substitute teacher for 4th thru 8th graders and one day whilethey were taking a test I was working on Disney's Stitch and the class got into it. From all the papercraft sites but mainly this one, I have printed some out at work of course since they provide the card stock and color ink printers LOL. But the girls are asking for some girly stuff and fairies would be perfect. if anyone has any female anime, fairies, please let me know.

This hobby is the only way I stay sane in a classroom of kids.

on a personal note... I wish someone would create Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 10 models. Yuna doing the sending, or Tidus, or Yuna in her wedding dress. hehe. I found 2 summons, a moogle, and cactuar but thats it.

Kingdom Hearts characters would be awesome!

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
I am very sad. I do not know how I missed this thread. I was very excited to see some Fairies, clicked the link, and Bill Engvall came along and said " Here's your sign!".

Any chance of a sneak preview for a self-centered silly man?

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Oh. I'm very sorry... I was wrong to think it was a bad practice to dig out old posts...

---And, does anyone still have a working link for this?