Fairey Battle in small scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Personally, I also like the smaller scale. Generally I print my models at 1:100 scale to build. Takes a lot of printings to finish a model. 8v)

However, NOBI, since your models are digital, taking a 1:48 scale kit and printing at 66.66 percent will give a scale of 1:72nd for those who want it smaller than released. For me, I selected 1:100 because it is simple. A 1:48 scale kit prints at 48 percent for 1:100 8v)

And that, to me, is greatest advantage of a digital model.

Ashrunner

P.S. I am working on my fourth printing of three models, third printing of four models and sixth printing of one model. One of these days I may be able finish one. 8v)
  2. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

I build most models in 1/72 scale... occasionally 1/48 scale. a lot of my 1/72 scale builds are scaled down from 1/48 of 1/33, and appart for some details that become to fiddly and the omission of some structural pieces and joint strips, i find that these downscales usually go very well.
    that said i think small scales are underrepresented in the paper world, so i wouldnt mind seeing some smaller models appear from time to time

anyway just some of my thoughts on the matter
  3. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

This scaling business sounds like it might be a good subject for a poll.
  4. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

i have found that 1/72 is a good "median" scale for design. easy to scale up (add your own detail) or down (leave a few tiny parts out). good to know many others like the scale too.
  5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I'm not update Fairey Battle for a long time because we have 60th aniversary celebration for our king majesty...celebration still not finish yet but I must go back to work...so I will post an update picture of my Fairey Battle...first picture is an unfold job what I decide to make 2 different scale in 1 kit, 1/72 and 1/48. Arrange all parts into 2 different paper size, A4 and Letter. Second picture is a testbuild picture, everything go very well and I use very small time to get that result. kit will available soon :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]