Fairey Battle in small scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Jun 6, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

After wait to re-work on E2C Hawkeye, I doing a 1st model in WFAM series (World Famous Aircraft Museum) Fairey Battle in 1/72 scale and picture in this post is an unfold job in Rhino...almost parts can arrange in only A4 paper. 1/72 is looking good for me and fit in my shelf but I dont know modeler will like this scale or not. Anybody can advise? please...

[​IMG]
  2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Nobi, I for one would love a model of this airplane in that scale...that's actually my favorite scale for aircraft anyway, but I can't speak for the others.:grin:

I would also love to see you try your magical powers on the Helldiver biplane from the King Kong movie...see the earlier thread:
    http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3117

Not sure if the links given in that thread are enough for a large scale, detailed model, but it might be sufficient for a 1/72 rendition...maybe? Would you consider it? Please? :grin:

Cheers!
    Jim
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Jim,

You know, that's almost groveling

Ray
  4. Jim Krauzlis

Yeah, it is, Ray, isn't it...do you think it worked?:grin:
    Jim
  5. Texman

Texman Guest

Guess we'll find out together!

Ray
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Ray,

And you hate to see a grown man grovel right?

Rick
  7. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Nobi,

I don't usually build anything but 1/72 scale unless I'm really tempted! Everything else is just too big for my little room.

Ryan
  8. Texman

Texman Guest

Hey Rick,

Real men don't grovel, they merely request in an understated manner.
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Ray,

You and I would not, but Jim, being a Lawyer and all............. :-D

Rick
  10. Jim Krauzlis

Ow, how does one respond to this....

Well, yeah, I groveled; suffice to say I really want some one to design that plane, so what the heck...what is the phrase..."by any means necessary"?

No, that's not actually something I do in ordinary practice these days, despite what might be seen to be the predisposition of some who claim to be lawyers.:grin: And if Nobi takes on the challenge, well, then, we all benefit, now don't we?:wink:

The things I do for this hobby and the good of all....:rofl:

Jim
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Self-sacrifice.............. the ultimate form of friendship. Just don't fall on your x-acto knife Jim:grin:

Ummmmm....... I too wish Nobi would take up the challenge of this plane. I really love the colors of the planes during this era.

john
  12. Texman

Texman Guest

Oh my, he wants to martyr himself!
  13. 46rob

46rob Member

I like 1/72 scale. It makes the models fit better into my oversized collection. Even though I design my stuff to larger scales, I usually end up building my own copies at a reduced scale. If someone wants a larger size, it doesn't take a genius to resize it.
  14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Ummm, I think subject of this post is Fairey Battle in small scale :grin: so back to subject first...a minute after I post a thread, some modeler email me about how hard of 1/72 model to be assemble and advantage of bigger scale. so i enlarge Fairey Battle to 1/48 scale and compare with old 1/72, result is below

[​IMG]

so what do u think?
  15. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Nobi,

Do both

Let the builder decide

Rick
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Personally I like the bigger scales............. but that's because I give my models away and don't hang them or shelve them.:twisted:

Mainly because my wife won't let me:cry: :grin:
  17. Texman

Texman Guest

Not that my say is going to change the world, but if the file is offered in
    digital format, it really makes no difference what the published scale is, unless
    it is a super detailed model. It does not take any type of degree to rescale or
    print the file into what ever size the individual would like. Most of us know
    that I don't care what scale the file is published in, I downscale it anyway.

Just my opinion, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my opinion is nothing, without my opinion, I am, well, just sitting here.

Ray
  18. Jim Krauzlis

I agree with Ray; I rescale most of my models too, so it really doesn't matter what scale is used for the original design, at least for my purposes...even if it's not digital, once purchased I scan it and resize it...not as small as Ray's, perhaps, but the idea is the same.

I'm just happy designers such as Nobi are taking on such new and interesting modeling subjects...and that he asks us what we think about them!:)

Sorry about the brief comical interlude, Nobi.

Jim
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I also agree with Ray....... re-scaling larger scale models to a smaller scale seems a bit easier, for me anyway, because you do not have to move the parts around to make them fit the page. You just end up with more white areas on your paper. But I use these for connectors and such, so it really ain't no big deal.
  20. Alcides

Alcides Member

I'm a newbie but I prefer de 1/48 scale and up

Maybe because I'm tall ( 1.82 mts) and I've big hands. I've tried the simple trotskiy planes and they are my limit. The are simple but for me it's difficult to assemble then.

Maybe this is a good subject for a poll.

Regards
    Alcides