F4F 1:33 Wildcat: From model to story

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by TheGladiatorman, Nov 3, 2008.

1. TheGladiatorman

TheGladiatorman New Member

Start..
    Soon 3 hours passed...

Attached Files:

2. TheGladiatorman

Go Ahead...

Almost there...
    6 hours passed...Done!
    Ready for Photoshop=)

Attached Files:

3. TheGladiatorman

Photoshop Part...

Transfer the model to picture background using Photoshop...
    Add elements and adjust minor factors...
    Done!

Attached Files:

4. TheGladiatorman

Attached Files:

5. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

Nostalgia.... Thats what I would say about this model. This was my very first Paper Model. I was in engg. 1st year (Textile Chemistry) when I was tought Engg. Drawing. I always loved airplanes so thought of making an airplane..... After a long thinking process, I thought paper would be the best available medium to make the airplane.

That time I din't knew that there is something called Scale Paper Modeling. I went into my University library, searched a book which had a lot of pictures of vintage airplanes. I found a good looking airplane (F4F Grumman Wildcat), so I decided that I would try making this one. I used a drafter to measure the dimensions, all I had was a front view and a side view of this airplane for reference. It took me 1 month to make the model.

I made it Indian using the Indian flags. I hand painted that using aluminium paint and designed the landing gear myself as I din't had any reference picture of the same with me. I emailed the pictures to many ppl over the internet whome I googled using the query "Paper Airplanes"... I remember that I sent atleast 300 emails to different people to have a look at my work.... And I got many replies... Mr. DeWayne Barnett was the one who actually told me that there is an amazing thing called "Scale Paper Modleing" and he gifted me a .pdf file of "Bell XP-77".

And here I am on this platform to share my models with all the genious people on Zealot. I am glad that I was successfully able to make the Grumman Wildcat....

I would congratulate you for your built and Thank You for giving me a nostalgic bundle of memories.....
  6. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

By the way here is the image of my model which I made 4 years back....

Attached Files:

7. redhorse

redhorse Member

Very cool pictures!
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

love it! :) thanks so much for sharing :)
    Chris