F-89 "Scorpion"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Mace

Mace Member

Great THNX Greg!
    Maybe we could use it for the colouring of the model so that we can give it a more authentic look :wink:
  2. Mace

Mace Member

Great THNX Greg!
    Maybe we could use it for the colouring of the model so that we can give it a more authentic look :wink:
  3. barry

barry Active Member

met questions

Hi

Can anybody tell me if there is a nudge button in metaseq using a mouse is ok, but I miss the exact point about 10 times for micro adjustments. Also is there a way of lining up faces accross 2 parts of the model as in the superstructure and midship section ringed in yellow.

[​IMG]

As metseq stores it's points as a text file I assume if you are brainy enough you could edit the faces using Notepad again does anyone know the file structure to save me going in there and wrecking everything in sight (OK I've got a copy)

barry
  4. barry

barry Active Member

met questions

Hi

Can anybody tell me if there is a nudge button in metaseq using a mouse is ok, but I miss the exact point about 10 times for micro adjustments. Also is there a way of lining up faces accross 2 parts of the model as in the superstructure and midship section ringed in yellow.

[​IMG]

As metseq stores it's points as a text file I assume if you are brainy enough you could edit the faces using Notepad again does anyone know the file structure to save me going in there and wrecking everything in sight (OK I've got a copy)

barry
  5. keith

keith Member

You have been busy Barry :D

ok, it's not pinball, but you might want to try putting numbers in the move dialog instead of using the edit panel if you want very small adjustments (>= 0.01 units).
    Or zoom in alot and use the move 'handle' if you prefer the freehand method. (this is the only method of moving a point <0.01)

You can't align faces as such but you can align the points in the faces, but i don't think this would be the best method in your case.
    Instead lock everything except for the part of the model you want to edit the faces on....
    select the 2 points nearest the bow on the face you want to move and use the move handle to drag them to the line on the hull. (use wireframe mode to make sure you only get the points you want and then go back to face mode)
    then select the 2 points nearest the stern on the same face and use the move handle again.
    You could just move the bottom point if you wanted.

word of warning(hint hint), make sure the points on the bottom of the face you want to move are at the same height as the line you wish to move them to. Otherwise you'll still get large gaps.

the best method i know for moving points is to select the area you are working on and 'set center of rotation', use the perspective mode and use the f1-3 keys (+shift sometimes) during the move operation. This way you can quickly check whether the height of the point is correct before moving it sideways or lengthways.

keith
  6. keith

keith Member

You have been busy Barry :D

ok, it's not pinball, but you might want to try putting numbers in the move dialog instead of using the edit panel if you want very small adjustments (>= 0.01 units).
    Or zoom in alot and use the move 'handle' if you prefer the freehand method. (this is the only method of moving a point <0.01)

You can't align faces as such but you can align the points in the faces, but i don't think this would be the best method in your case.
    Instead lock everything except for the part of the model you want to edit the faces on....
    select the 2 points nearest the bow on the face you want to move and use the move handle to drag them to the line on the hull. (use wireframe mode to make sure you only get the points you want and then go back to face mode)
    then select the 2 points nearest the stern on the same face and use the move handle again.
    You could just move the bottom point if you wanted.

word of warning(hint hint), make sure the points on the bottom of the face you want to move are at the same height as the line you wish to move them to. Otherwise you'll still get large gaps.

the best method i know for moving points is to select the area you are working on and 'set center of rotation', use the perspective mode and use the f1-3 keys (+shift sometimes) during the move operation. This way you can quickly check whether the height of the point is correct before moving it sideways or lengthways.

keith
  7. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq moves

Keith

Thanks the number swork a treat

barry
  8. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq moves

Keith

Thanks the number swork a treat

barry
  9. barry

barry Active Member

deckvrtices

Hi

Looking at NOBI's aircraft he seems to have 8 vertices for half a former looking at he decks on the ship I have 5 vertices per former (as in building the eggcrate) is this going to be enough to describe the curve of the deck.

For anyone playing with a ship Keith's advice of using a primitive works well I redid the superstructure and it produces far better lines than my dodgy fingers,

[​IMG]

I don't really expect this to unfold

barry
  10. barry

barry Active Member

deckvrtices

Hi

Looking at NOBI's aircraft he seems to have 8 vertices for half a former looking at he decks on the ship I have 5 vertices per former (as in building the eggcrate) is this going to be enough to describe the curve of the deck.

For anyone playing with a ship Keith's advice of using a primitive works well I redid the superstructure and it produces far better lines than my dodgy fingers,

[​IMG]

I don't really expect this to unfold

barry
  11. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Barry,

Look real good, i think your mesh can unfold easily in pepakura. your beam look messy but i think not hard to modified...when u think u have no way to go in design, give them a break and back to design when u feel good. your vertices per former is not a big problem but i think 5 is too low, that make your unfold job look like a block :) keep it coming ) look forward to see a finish job
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Barry,

Look real good, i think your mesh can unfold easily in pepakura. your beam look messy but i think not hard to modified...when u think u have no way to go in design, give them a break and back to design when u feel good. your vertices per former is not a big problem but i think 5 is too low, that make your unfold job look like a block :) keep it coming ) look forward to see a finish job
  13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

I want to continue my tutorial but i think many people have only shareware version of metaseq what plugin is disable. my nest step need a plugin call "Boolean" to intersect some part. so i want to ask here that there is a free 3dprogram what have boolean function available? to continue tutorial...

Thank you very much in advance