F-89 "Scorpion"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Aug 23, 2005.

1. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq lunatics

Hi Jim

This is a laugh but you and I clowning about may help others and at least give people a laugh.

To get the grid ( I hate all grids they make my eyes funny)

on the top row select 'view grid - set grid - play with numbers to suit'

I think your picture has too many pixels I cut mine down to 1280 x 800 as long as you can see it clearly it's ok

Ignore the scaling for it's all relative somewhere.

I had a swift glance at an .mqo file last night which basically seems to be a text file of coordinates so it should be space efficient.

the various elements are turned on and off in the object panel on the pic there are 1 to 3 is the forecastle 4-9 midships and 10 -12 the stern 4 to 9 are turned on with the eye in the first column and if the key in the next column shows they are locked (they need to be with me). The object currrently in use is number 4 just click to make it active and click on another to change it.

In the edit panel you have to imagine that each button is a slider going left right only takes some getting used to.

I let the formers (hull cross sections) build up on the red,green,blue junction and haul them into place with edit panel blue button and watch the progress in the "Left" panel.

The panels are called down from the top windows button "Panel"

I really have no idea if this way will work yet but we can but hope and as Maurice says "points are drawn at owners risk".

[​IMG]

regards

barry

ps Save it often as always "c**kups unlimited"
  2. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq lunatics

Hi Jim

This is a laugh but you and I clowning about may help others and at least give people a laugh.

To get the grid ( I hate all grids they make my eyes funny)

on the top row select 'view grid - set grid - play with numbers to suit'

I think your picture has too many pixels I cut mine down to 1280 x 800 as long as you can see it clearly it's ok

Ignore the scaling for it's all relative somewhere.

I had a swift glance at an .mqo file last night which basically seems to be a text file of coordinates so it should be space efficient.

the various elements are turned on and off in the object panel on the pic there are 1 to 3 is the forecastle 4-9 midships and 10 -12 the stern 4 to 9 are turned on with the eye in the first column and if the key in the next column shows they are locked (they need to be with me). The object currrently in use is number 4 just click to make it active and click on another to change it.

In the edit panel you have to imagine that each button is a slider going left right only takes some getting used to.

I let the formers (hull cross sections) build up on the red,green,blue junction and haul them into place with edit panel blue button and watch the progress in the "Left" panel.

The panels are called down from the top windows button "Panel"

I really have no idea if this way will work yet but we can but hope and as Maurice says "points are drawn at owners risk".

[​IMG]

regards

barry

ps Save it often as always "c**kups unlimited"
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi all,

Barry : i got your file and found something for your model...first your model is too big, that cause u a yoyo effect u said before...u must reduce size of model or use a smaller drawing for reference. second u create a double side face...that is no good for pepakura, double side face cause u an unwant surface when unfold...try to make a single face :) picture below tell u that how to create a single face surface.

[​IMG]

second is about vertice...u not join a vertice together, see my mqo file what i send u, all close vertice have been join (with ctrl+j) in vertical vertice, u have 4 vertice in back but have 3 in front, try to make the same to make it good looking model. thid is i dont know obj4 is? and cant guess what is it too hehe

Jim : let's me explain about grid size by example below

first create a flat recangle size = 100 unit in both X and Z axis use primitive button

[​IMG]

go to set grid menu and see a setting, see in mesh, there r 2 value, size and interval. size mean overall size of grid and interval mean size of each grid. below is size of mesh is 500 unit and size (interval) of grid is 50 unit

[​IMG]

check size of flat recangle we create before using move button. this number will use to verify grid's size. we got a first corner of recangle (X1) at 100

[​IMG]

and next corner X2 (in X axis) at -100 mean distance from X1 to X2 is 200 unit (-100 to 100)

[​IMG]

distance is 200 mean we must have 4 grids from X1 to X2 (grid's size is 50 and 200/50 = 4)

to confirm result i test with 100 unit grid's size...in theory we must have 2 grid inside 200 unit flat recangle

[​IMG]

and result is below

[​IMG]

something mistake (if im right) is a picture show in Primitive property about size of X and Z. if i input 100 inside...distance from X1 to X2 must be 100 but result is 200. so size of X is count from origin (x=0) not from edge to edge like picture show please correct me if im wrong

[​IMG]

i think i must make a ship's tutorial with metaseq soon :) give me some idea about subject :) jim's measrk container ship is look cool and easy to do too

all guy is cool,

more later...urgent work wait for me...(i hate my day job :()

attachment below is file for barry
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi all,

Barry : i got your file and found something for your model...first your model is too big, that cause u a yoyo effect u said before...u must reduce size of model or use a smaller drawing for reference. second u create a double side face...that is no good for pepakura, double side face cause u an unwant surface when unfold...try to make a single face :) picture below tell u that how to create a single face surface.

[​IMG]

second is about vertice...u not join a vertice together, see my mqo file what i send u, all close vertice have been join (with ctrl+j) in vertical vertice, u have 4 vertice in back but have 3 in front, try to make the same to make it good looking model. thid is i dont know obj4 is? and cant guess what is it too hehe

Jim : let's me explain about grid size by example below

first create a flat recangle size = 100 unit in both X and Z axis use primitive button

[​IMG]

go to set grid menu and see a setting, see in mesh, there r 2 value, size and interval. size mean overall size of grid and interval mean size of each grid. below is size of mesh is 500 unit and size (interval) of grid is 50 unit

[​IMG]

check size of flat recangle we create before using move button. this number will use to verify grid's size. we got a first corner of recangle (X1) at 100

[​IMG]

and next corner X2 (in X axis) at -100 mean distance from X1 to X2 is 200 unit (-100 to 100)

[​IMG]

distance is 200 mean we must have 4 grids from X1 to X2 (grid's size is 50 and 200/50 = 4)

to confirm result i test with 100 unit grid's size...in theory we must have 2 grid inside 200 unit flat recangle

[​IMG]

and result is below

[​IMG]

something mistake (if im right) is a picture show in Primitive property about size of X and Z. if i input 100 inside...distance from X1 to X2 must be 100 but result is 200. so size of X is count from origin (x=0) not from edge to edge like picture show please correct me if im wrong

[​IMG]

i think i must make a ship's tutorial with metaseq soon :) give me some idea about subject :) jim's measrk container ship is look cool and easy to do too

all guy is cool,

more later...urgent work wait for me...(i hate my day job :()

attachment below is file for barry
  5. keith

keith Member

Question for NOBI ... and some info for all.

How do you attach wings to paper aircraft, glue to outside of fuselage?

i can't see how you can do it in the F86 since your wings go through the fuselage, do you keep the wing as it is and cut the fuselage OR do you cut the wing to fit the fuselage?

How do you keep the wing shape? make wing root where attached to fuselage?

If glued to outside, how do you stop the fuselage warping?

Sorry if i'm jumping the gun and you haven't got that far yet.

Some info, the maximum 'Box' size in metasequoia is 10,000 in each axis = +/- 5,000 units from the main axis. You have to set the perspective to 0 and use ortho mode just to see it!!!
    Means if your model scale is too big you might run out of room. Also means if you modeling at that scale it's virtually real size :D
    You could make your formers accurately using a large background image and then scale them when you have made all of them. Just and idea.

Keith
  6. keith

keith Member

Question for NOBI ... and some info for all.

How do you attach wings to paper aircraft, glue to outside of fuselage?

i can't see how you can do it in the F86 since your wings go through the fuselage, do you keep the wing as it is and cut the fuselage OR do you cut the wing to fit the fuselage?

How do you keep the wing shape? make wing root where attached to fuselage?

If glued to outside, how do you stop the fuselage warping?

Sorry if i'm jumping the gun and you haven't got that far yet.

Some info, the maximum 'Box' size in metasequoia is 10,000 in each axis = +/- 5,000 units from the main axis. You have to set the perspective to 0 and use ortho mode just to see it!!!
    Means if your model scale is too big you might run out of room. Also means if you modeling at that scale it's virtually real size :D
    You could make your formers accurately using a large background image and then scale them when you have made all of them. Just and idea.

Keith
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I will use Boolean plug-ins, plug-ins will available for register version only :p boolean will intersect wing to fit in fuselage. we will see how it work next week after i kick my urgent task of dayjob out of my way :)

we (papermodeler) have a internal former what use to make anything in its shape. so i will make a internal former to make a wing still in its shape

that's no problem, i have many question to ask u too (when time is right hehe)

thank you very much for your info...
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I will use Boolean plug-ins, plug-ins will available for register version only :p boolean will intersect wing to fit in fuselage. we will see how it work next week after i kick my urgent task of dayjob out of my way :)

we (papermodeler) have a internal former what use to make anything in its shape. so i will make a internal former to make a wing still in its shape

that's no problem, i have many question to ask u too (when time is right hehe)

thank you very much for your info...
  9. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Nobi .....

Your talent and diloigence really amazes me. I'm doing the experiment (per your guidance) into the Metaseq measurement thing....Thanks,

Muhammad
  10. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Nobi .....

Your talent and diloigence really amazes me. I'm doing the experiment (per your guidance) into the Metaseq measurement thing....Thanks,

Muhammad
  11. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq queries

Hi NOBI

Thanks for looking at the file I could not see it to download it probably being dumb again.

The pic shows what I tried and it tells me it's got loads of faces but I cannot see them filled in. Any ideas please ?

The cruiser stern is a very much chopped about primative cone. I am wondering now if primitives would be a hell of a sight faster in ship drawing ?

I don't really give a damn whether it's right or wrong it's the furthest I ever got in graphics.

[​IMG]

damn picture is too big sorry if you have 56k.

I am going off to do some bits on Hood to regain my sanity

regards

barry
  12. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq queries

Hi NOBI

Thanks for looking at the file I could not see it to download it probably being dumb again.

The pic shows what I tried and it tells me it's got loads of faces but I cannot see them filled in. Any ideas please ?

The cruiser stern is a very much chopped about primative cone. I am wondering now if primitives would be a hell of a sight faster in ship drawing ?

I don't really give a damn whether it's right or wrong it's the furthest I ever got in graphics.

[​IMG]

damn picture is too big sorry if you have 56k.

I am going off to do some bits on Hood to regain my sanity

regards

barry
  13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Barry,

your ship is look good so far...i recommend u to do only 1 side and mirror it later.

for my side, if i design ship...i will begin with a center of ship. create a line using create button according to crossection at center then pull it to front and back and use knife cut that surface in each cross section u want, adjust it with edit panel. primitive is ok but it look hard for me to edit.

u can not see face? because u not click a FC buttom near name of viewport, ee below

[​IMG]
    FC is OFF

[​IMG]
    FC is ON

metaseq work in single face and double face seperately, single face is work well in pepakura and u will not confuse when unfold...double face cause a lot trouble when unfold. create single face mean u can see only 1 side...if u create single face and u still cant see face, just select that face and use menu select > invert...and u will see that surface.
  14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Barry,

your ship is look good so far...i recommend u to do only 1 side and mirror it later.

for my side, if i design ship...i will begin with a center of ship. create a line using create button according to crossection at center then pull it to front and back and use knife cut that surface in each cross section u want, adjust it with edit panel. primitive is ok but it look hard for me to edit.

u can not see face? because u not click a FC buttom near name of viewport, ee below

[​IMG]
    FC is OFF

[​IMG]
    FC is ON

metaseq work in single face and double face seperately, single face is work well in pepakura and u will not confuse when unfold...double face cause a lot trouble when unfold. create single face mean u can see only 1 side...if u create single face and u still cant see face, just select that face and use menu select > invert...and u will see that surface.
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi there,

work a little bit on scorpion, today work on nose wheel. make new object name as nosewheel then create a cylinder using primitive button

[​IMG]

use edit panel, resize and position to its position according to drawing

[​IMG]

then mirror it by clone button and click at create symmetry in clone object window

[​IMG]

merge new object into nodewheel's object by drag and drop at object's name

[​IMG]

create new object to make a landing gear. then make a cylinder using primitive button and scale, place it into its position

[​IMG]

dream nearly come true...everything done need some modification to make it a papermodel

[​IMG]
  16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi there,

work a little bit on scorpion, today work on nose wheel. make new object name as nosewheel then create a cylinder using primitive button

[​IMG]

use edit panel, resize and position to its position according to drawing

[​IMG]

then mirror it by clone button and click at create symmetry in clone object window

[​IMG]

merge new object into nodewheel's object by drag and drop at object's name

[​IMG]

create new object to make a landing gear. then make a cylinder using primitive button and scale, place it into its position

[​IMG]

dream nearly come true...everything done need some modification to make it a papermodel

[​IMG]
  17. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq

NOBI

No even more fundamental than that I had been producing lines not faces (see create panel all others who are struggling). I actually like mesh cos I can see the shape better and you can convert it using a new object and clicking over each panel again.

For anbody playing with this for first time graphics it helps to know if a point will not go where you want it stick anywhere it will go, and use the edit panel to pull it into place. Drives you nuts till you get used to it.

barry
  18. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq

NOBI

No even more fundamental than that I had been producing lines not faces (see create panel all others who are struggling). I actually like mesh cos I can see the shape better and you can convert it using a new object and clicking over each panel again.

For anbody playing with this for first time graphics it helps to know if a point will not go where you want it stick anywhere it will go, and use the edit panel to pull it into place. Drives you nuts till you get used to it.

barry
  19. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I just found this photo of the F 89 scorpion, thought I would share it:

[​IMG]

have a good day,

greg aka GW
  20. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I just found this photo of the F 89 scorpion, thought I would share it: