F-89 "Scorpion"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Aug 23, 2005.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

OK guy, wake up and continue on Scorpion :twisted:

today we will work on air intake...create new object then rename to "airintake" use Create button to make a line like picture below

[​IMG]

Change viewport to left and extrut line u did with Pull button

[​IMG]

Use Knife button to cut surface u did and adjust with edit panel make it like drawing

[​IMG]

finish airintake...easy? so begin with wing, create new object and rename to "wing" then change viewport to left and use Create button make line like picture below

[​IMG]

resize and position that line like drawing we have, we dont have a profile of wing (Wing's airfoil) so we need to adjust it folow through a limit resource :p

[​IMG]

change viewport to top and use Pull button extrut line like picture below

[​IMG]

change viewport to front and adjust surface u extrut like picture below

[​IMG]

so nearly finish...see result below

[​IMG]

have question? not shy to ask...i will anmswer all question if i can answer
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

OK guy, wake up and continue on Scorpion :twisted:

today we will work on air intake...create new object then rename to "airintake" use Create button to make a line like picture below

[​IMG]

Change viewport to left and extrut line u did with Pull button

[​IMG]

Use Knife button to cut surface u did and adjust with edit panel make it like drawing

[​IMG]

finish airintake...easy? so begin with wing, create new object and rename to "wing" then change viewport to left and use Create button make line like picture below

[​IMG]

resize and position that line like drawing we have, we dont have a profile of wing (Wing's airfoil) so we need to adjust it folow through a limit resource :p

[​IMG]

change viewport to top and use Pull button extrut line like picture below

[​IMG]

change viewport to front and adjust surface u extrut like picture below

[​IMG]

so nearly finish...see result below

[​IMG]

have question? not shy to ask...i will anmswer all question if i can answer
  3. Mace

Mace Member

Oke NOBI, first of all othis is one hell of a tutorial :D

Now my question, Where does the fourth object (Tailwing_bottom) come from I managed to get that far and then I don't know how to make it? :shock:

please help :)
  4. Mace

Mace Member

Oke NOBI, first of all othis is one hell of a tutorial :D

Now my question, Where does the fourth object (Tailwing_bottom) come from I managed to get that far and then I don't know how to make it? :shock:

please help :)
  5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Mace,

Nice to ask :) u have an eagle eye...that object is my mistake, first i want to split tailwing into 2 pieces, upper and bottom but i change my mind and decide to make it only 1 object...so that object is empty and i forgot to delete it hehe

next question? :D
  6. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Mace,

Nice to ask :) u have an eagle eye...that object is my mistake, first i want to split tailwing into 2 pieces, upper and bottom but i change my mind and decide to make it only 1 object...so that object is empty and i forgot to delete it hehe

next question? :D
  7. barry

barry Active Member

Help

Hi NOBI

There is always a dumb cluck when I clicked on the first former and pulled it only the top and bottom line extruded any ides what I am doing wrong.

[​IMG]

thanks in advance

barry
  8. barry

barry Active Member

Help

Hi NOBI

There is always a dumb cluck when I clicked on the first former and pulled it only the top and bottom line extruded any ides what I am doing wrong.

[​IMG]

thanks in advance

barry
  9. maple 01

maple 01 New Member

Whoooh there NOBI, can you go a bit slow for me here?

I thought I'd follow your tutorial to see if I'd be any good at this 3D modeling stuff but seem to have fallen at the first fence.

I've got the software, I've downloaded the Scorpion stuff from the Russian website, now how do I convert it into a file format that the programme recognises? I'm using Paintshop Pro 6 and can't see any 'save as' options that match those required by Metasequoia

Any offers?

-Nick
  10. maple 01

maple 01 New Member

Whoooh there NOBI, can you go a bit slow for me here?

I thought I'd follow your tutorial to see if I'd be any good at this 3D modeling stuff but seem to have fallen at the first fence.

I've got the software, I've downloaded the Scorpion stuff from the Russian website, now how do I convert it into a file format that the programme recognises? I'm using Paintshop Pro 6 and can't see any 'save as' options that match those required by Metasequoia

Any offers?

-Nick
  11. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Re: Help

Hi Barry,

if im not misunderstand, my suggestion is : make your first former into new object and make another reference line in another object (or layer) before pull just disable another object except object what have internal former (via click at second box in front of object's name to make a key inside box) then click at pull button after that crop all of internal former in left viewport and drag into position u want

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pull button is working on line not vertice (or point) so pull will extrut a line u select only

another sugestion :) ship will design easily in Rhino :p if my skill is enough i will try to make tutorial for that

Hi Maple01,

Metaseq can use .bmp and .jpg for background of viewport...try to save as jpg in PSP, i will try to slow down my work for everybody who interest and try to do follow my tutorial and u also ask me in every procedure u not understand too
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Re: Help

Hi Barry,

if im not misunderstand, my suggestion is : make your first former into new object and make another reference line in another object (or layer) before pull just disable another object except object what have internal former (via click at second box in front of object's name to make a key inside box) then click at pull button after that crop all of internal former in left viewport and drag into position u want

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pull button is working on line not vertice (or point) so pull will extrut a line u select only

another sugestion :) ship will design easily in Rhino :p if my skill is enough i will try to make tutorial for that

Hi Maple01,

Metaseq can use .bmp and .jpg for background of viewport...try to save as jpg in PSP, i will try to slow down my work for everybody who interest and try to do follow my tutorial and u also ask me in every procedure u not understand too
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Nobi.......

I trying to follow, but things are a little hectic.

I might have question later when I can actually give it a try.

Thanks for taking the time to show us how you do your wonderful stuff.

john
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Nobi.......

I trying to follow, but things are a little hectic.

I might have question later when I can actually give it a try.

Thanks for taking the time to show us how you do your wonderful stuff.

john
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi John,

Glad to hear and see u online, mean u r not effect from Catherine, i saw on news that a lot of people die and whole city not have water and electricity...we not have a pray like christian (im bhuddist) but i will pray for everybody there (in bhuddist style)

about design...everybody is not born to be :) but everybody can try and make some stuff with own design, u will proud to tell everybody that this is your design. trial and error make me can design but u can have shortcut to be like me...just ask here and i will tell u how to do...what is your most want? u think that most want should be your design or another body work? :p
  16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi John,

Glad to hear and see u online, mean u r not effect from Catherine, i saw on news that a lot of people die and whole city not have water and electricity...we not have a pray like christian (im bhuddist) but i will pray for everybody there (in bhuddist style)

about design...everybody is not born to be :) but everybody can try and make some stuff with own design, u will proud to tell everybody that this is your design. trial and error make me can design but u can have shortcut to be like me...just ask here and i will tell u how to do...what is your most want? u think that most want should be your design or another body work? :p
  17. barry

barry Active Member

metseq

Thanks NOBI

Prompt reply and good advice I am sure I will have more dumb questions.

Maurice kindly sent me the following URL this has a good tutorial and an explanation of metaseq in English

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jww1948/

regards

barry
  18. barry

barry Active Member

metseq

Thanks NOBI

Prompt reply and good advice I am sure I will have more dumb questions.

Maurice kindly sent me the following URL this has a good tutorial and an explanation of metaseq in English

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jww1948/

regards

barry
  19. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Re: metaseq

Hi, Barry ... I've downloaded Metaseq from website given by NX13688. The screen shows only the PERSPECTIVE VIEW unlike yours and Nobi's of 4. Please, tell me what I didn't do right or how to get it right...Thanks!

Nobi, I've been waiting for your "heaven sent" tutorial all this time. Thanks for making it a realitiy...Thanks...

TausugAir (aka Muhammad Farouk)
  20. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Re: metaseq

Hi, Barry ... I've downloaded Metaseq from website given by NX13688. The screen shows only the PERSPECTIVE VIEW unlike yours and Nobi's of 4. Please, tell me what I didn't do right or how to get it right...Thanks!

Nobi, I've been waiting for your "heaven sent" tutorial all this time. Thanks for making it a realitiy...Thanks...

TausugAir (aka Muhammad Farouk)