F-89 "Scorpion"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Aug 23, 2005.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Ok guy...begin tutorial

i decide to make F-89 "Scorpion" from airwar.ru's drawing. cross section is no need now becasue i cant find hehe and shape of F-89's fuselage is round...so not hard to scratchbuild it

my tutorial will hard to understand, hard for me to convert my Thai text into english (i still not good at in english) but if you have problem understand, just ask me

work begin with d/l drawing from airwar.ru http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/f89scorpion.html then adjust and rotate file in graphic program make it useable in metaseq then load it into metaseq background

[​IMG]

then adjust drawing into center with BkImg button

[​IMG]

decide cutting of fuselage

[​IMG]

make a profile of fuselage..easy to do becasue F-89's fuselage is round

[​IMG]

extrut curve u make before with pull button

[​IMG]

to be continue :)
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Ok guy...begin tutorial

i decide to make F-89 "Scorpion" from airwar.ru's drawing. cross section is no need now becasue i cant find hehe and shape of F-89's fuselage is round...so not hard to scratchbuild it

my tutorial will hard to understand, hard for me to convert my Thai text into english (i still not good at in english) but if you have problem understand, just ask me

work begin with d/l drawing from airwar.ru http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/f89scorpion.html then adjust and rotate file in graphic program make it useable in metaseq then load it into metaseq background

[​IMG]

then adjust drawing into center with BkImg button

[​IMG]

decide cutting of fuselage

[​IMG]

make a profile of fuselage..easy to do becasue F-89's fuselage is round

[​IMG]

extrut curve u make before with pull button

[​IMG]

to be continue :)
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

continue...

after extrut curve using pull button then cut that object with knife button at position we decide before

[​IMG]

Edit point you cut with edit panel follow through drawing

[​IMG]

repeat on every position you deside as cutting edge

[​IMG]

work on tail...create another layer (or object) in Object panel...change color to red and make it active. create a line with create button follow through picture below

[​IMG]

disable object what contain fuselage (make it invisible) change view to Top and use knife button devide that line to 4 point as below

[​IMG]

back to Left view and use pull button extrute that curve and adjust shape use Edit panel as below

[​IMG]

back to Top view again and adjust point you extrut to make it look good

[​IMG]

then rest... :)
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

continue...

after extrut curve using pull button then cut that object with knife button at position we decide before

[​IMG]

Edit point you cut with edit panel follow through drawing

[​IMG]

repeat on every position you deside as cutting edge

[​IMG]

work on tail...create another layer (or object) in Object panel...change color to red and make it active. create a line with create button follow through picture below

[​IMG]

disable object what contain fuselage (make it invisible) change view to Top and use knife button devide that line to 4 point as below

[​IMG]

back to Left view and use pull button extrute that curve and adjust shape use Edit panel as below

[​IMG]

back to Top view again and adjust point you extrut to make it look good

[​IMG]

then rest... :)
  5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy NOBI, Howdy all,

Well, as I stated above, I emailed Northrop Grumman about some line drawings with multiple views and cross sections, thinking they would possibly be like the chance vought company and provide them to the public.
    But, I recieved their reply today as follows:

"Due to a seemingly infinite amount of liability issues, our corporate licensing dept. has advised that our company cannot give out any plans, blueprints, etc. Thank you for your interest."

So, looks like we are all out of luck when it comes to nice drawings from Northrop Grumman for the construction of card models.
    But there is always chance vought and their website at:

http://www.vought.com/heritage/html/down.html

Anyway, I wanted to pass along the information I DIDNT get from Northrop Grumman.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy NOBI, Howdy all,

Well, as I stated above, I emailed Northrop Grumman about some line drawings with multiple views and cross sections, thinking they would possibly be like the chance vought company and provide them to the public.
    But, I recieved their reply today as follows:

"Due to a seemingly infinite amount of liability issues, our corporate licensing dept. has advised that our company cannot give out any plans, blueprints, etc. Thank you for your interest."

So, looks like we are all out of luck when it comes to nice drawings from Northrop Grumman for the construction of card models.
    But there is always chance vought and their website at:

http://www.vought.com/heritage/html/down.html

Anyway, I wanted to pass along the information I DIDNT get from Northrop Grumman.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Dear Greg,

Thank you very much for your help...3 views drawing with cross section is no need now because i decide to build without cross section :) i know that will not accurate 100% but at least it can done :)

Thank you very much again
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Dear Greg,

Thank you very much for your help...3 views drawing with cross section is no need now because i decide to build without cross section :) i know that will not accurate 100% but at least it can done :)

Thank you very much again
  9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Continue design...pick up your mouse :)

now we continue from yesterday, making tip of tail using Create button make line like below

[​IMG]

then make surface with Create button again

[​IMG]

after that enable fuselage's object and make a line like below

[​IMG]

and create surface too, use point on fuselage and tail together.

[​IMG]

after finish create surface, crop over point (like below) and see top right corner of screen, u will see "V:2" that mean your surface have 2 point, u need to join both point to make pepakura not cut this part out when unfold...join point (or vertice in metaseq's term) is very easy just crop over point and then presss Ctrl+J or menu Select -> Join Vertices

[​IMG]

u will see above that i call object what contain fuselage is fuselage's object...that is easy to work if you name an object into name you want...very easy just click at Prop button in Object Panel, that will have a new window appear to change object's name and color. u can also mirror an object u made to let's u see a whole object what u done only half part. (understand? i also misunderstand my word to hehe)

[​IMG]

below is result after u mirroring

[​IMG]

then back to bed and rest for now :p
  10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Continue design...pick up your mouse :)

now we continue from yesterday, making tip of tail using Create button make line like below

[​IMG]

then make surface with Create button again

[​IMG]

after that enable fuselage's object and make a line like below

[​IMG]

and create surface too, use point on fuselage and tail together.

[​IMG]

after finish create surface, crop over point (like below) and see top right corner of screen, u will see "V:2" that mean your surface have 2 point, u need to join both point to make pepakura not cut this part out when unfold...join point (or vertice in metaseq's term) is very easy just crop over point and then presss Ctrl+J or menu Select -> Join Vertices

[​IMG]

u will see above that i call object what contain fuselage is fuselage's object...that is easy to work if you name an object into name you want...very easy just click at Prop button in Object Panel, that will have a new window appear to change object's name and color. u can also mirror an object u made to let's u see a whole object what u done only half part. (understand? i also misunderstand my word to hehe)

[​IMG]

below is result after u mirroring

[​IMG]

then back to bed and rest for now :p
  11. rowiac

rowiac Member

NOBI,

Great Stuff! Keep it coming!

Thanks,
    Roger
  12. rowiac

rowiac Member

NOBI,

Great Stuff! Keep it coming!

Thanks,
    Roger
  13. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq

Hi NOBI

How do you get a full copy of metaseq please

barry
  14. barry

barry Active Member

metaseq

Hi NOBI

How do you get a full copy of metaseq please

barry
  15. nx13688

nx13688 Member

16. nx13688

nx13688 Member

17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hi Nobi,

Consider the AVRO CF-100, a far superior interceptor to the Scorpion, or Starfire.

Regards,
    Rick
  18. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hi Nobi,

Consider the AVRO CF-100, a far superior interceptor to the Scorpion, or Starfire.

Regards,
    Rick
  19. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Back from vacation, i got to northern Thailand to visit my parent...i really bore with a long trip what must sit inside bus :(

now back to Scorpion :p i decide to make F-89-D version what have long nose and i see that im not making it yet so today we work on nose. first activate Obj1 in Object Panel what contain fuselage. use Pull Button to extrut fuselage

Hallo Zusammen,

Zurück vom Urlaub, ich war in Nord-Thailand, um meine Eltern zu besuchen...ein langweiliger langer Trip, den ich in einem Bus sitzend verbracht habe :(

Zurück zur Scorpion. Ich hatte mich entschlossen, eine F-59-D zu machen, die hat eine lange Nase und das hatte ich bisher noch nicht bedacht. Also arbeiten wir heute daran. Zuerst selektiere das Rumpfteil Obj1 im Objekt Menü. Benutze den 'Pull' Button um den Rumpf zu extrudieren.

[​IMG]

next, use knife button to cut that extrut surface
    Als nächstes, benutze wieder 'cut' um die extrudiere Fläche abzuschneiden.

[​IMG]

then use Edit panel to adjust side of that nose like picture below
    Dann benutze das 'Edit' Menü um die Seite anzupassen, wie im Bild
    [​IMG]

now we have nose already...next is making tailwing, create new obect (i change color of object to blue to make it different from another object) switch to left viewport, use Create button make a line like picture below
    Jetzt ist die Nase schon fertig...als nächstes kommt die Heckflosse, erzeuge ein neues Objekt (ich habe die Farbe nach Blau geändert, um es unterscheiden zu können), wechsle in die 'Links' Ansicht und benutze 'Create' um wie unten eine Linie zu erzeugen.
    [​IMG]

change viewport to top and extrut curve u did with Pull button
    Wieder in die 'Top' Ansicht wechseln und die eben erzeugte Kurve extrudieren mit 'Pull'.
    [​IMG]

use Edit panel to adjust surface to make it like drawing
    Über das Edit Menü die Kurve verändern wie unten gezeigt.
    [​IMG]

use Knife button cut a line nearly tip of tailwing and adjust a tip's point using Edit Panel
    Benutze 'Knife', um die Linie kurz vor der Flächenspitze abzuschneiden und ändere einen Punkte an der Spitze mit 'Edit'
    [​IMG]

now we got fuselage, tail and tailwing already
    Jetzt haben wir den Rumpf, das Heck und das Leitwerk schon fertig.
    [​IMG]

and change each object's name to make it less confuse
    Noch die Namen ändern, damits nicht so verwirrend wird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and rest again :)
    und wieder schlafen gehen.

Barry : Metaseq can d/l free at link what nx13688 provide but u need to register with japanese guy to enable some function such as plug-in

Rick Thomson : i think there r CF-100 for free d/l some where but i cant remember where? hehe
  20. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Back from vacation, i got to northern Thailand to visit my parent...i really bore with a long trip what must sit inside bus :(

now back to Scorpion :p i decide to make F-89-D version what have long nose and i see that im not making it yet so today we work on nose. first activate Obj1 in Object Panel what contain fuselage. use Pull Button to extrut fuselage

Hallo Zusammen,

Zurück vom Urlaub, ich war in Nord-Thailand, um meine Eltern zu besuchen...ein langweiliger langer Trip, den ich in einem Bus sitzend verbracht habe :(

Zurück zur Scorpion. Ich hatte mich entschlossen, eine F-59-D zu machen, die hat eine lange Nase und das hatte ich bisher noch nicht bedacht. Also arbeiten wir heute daran. Zuerst selektiere das Rumpfteil Obj1 im Objekt Menü. Benutze den 'Pull' Button um den Rumpf zu extrudieren.

[​IMG]

next, use knife button to cut that extrut surface
    Als nächstes, benutze wieder 'cut' um die extrudiere Fläche abzuschneiden.

[​IMG]

then use Edit panel to adjust side of that nose like picture below
    Dann benutze das 'Edit' Menü um die Seite anzupassen, wie im Bild
    [​IMG]

now we have nose already...next is making tailwing, create new obect (i change color of object to blue to make it different from another object) switch to left viewport, use Create button make a line like picture below
    Jetzt ist die Nase schon fertig...als nächstes kommt die Heckflosse, erzeuge ein neues Objekt (ich habe die Farbe nach Blau geändert, um es unterscheiden zu können), wechsle in die 'Links' Ansicht und benutze 'Create' um wie unten eine Linie zu erzeugen.
    [​IMG]

change viewport to top and extrut curve u did with Pull button
    Wieder in die 'Top' Ansicht wechseln und die eben erzeugte Kurve extrudieren mit 'Pull'.
    [​IMG]

use Edit panel to adjust surface to make it like drawing
    Über das Edit Menü die Kurve verändern wie unten gezeigt.
    [​IMG]

use Knife button cut a line nearly tip of tailwing and adjust a tip's point using Edit Panel
    Benutze 'Knife', um die Linie kurz vor der Flächenspitze abzuschneiden und ändere einen Punkte an der Spitze mit 'Edit'
    [​IMG]

now we got fuselage, tail and tailwing already
    Jetzt haben wir den Rumpf, das Heck und das Leitwerk schon fertig.
    [​IMG]

and change each object's name to make it less confuse
    Noch die Namen ändern, damits nicht so verwirrend wird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and rest again :)
    und wieder schlafen gehen.

Barry : Metaseq can d/l free at link what nx13688 provide but u need to register with japanese guy to enable some function such as plug-in

Rick Thomson : i think there r CF-100 for free d/l some where but i cant remember where? hehe