F-89 "Scorpion"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Aug 23, 2005.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Dear Sir,

Anybody have 3 views drawing with cross section of F-89 "Scorpion"? i try to find over internet but no luck :(

Thank you very much
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Dear Sir,

Anybody have 3 views drawing with cross section of F-89 "Scorpion"? i try to find over internet but no luck :(

Thank you very much
  3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

nobi contact me at privet or on MSN
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

nobi contact me at privet or on MSN
  5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

NOBI,

Ok, well back when I was helping look for information on the regulus II missile for a model, I found that chance vought had a "heritage page" on the internet, unfortunately, northrop grumman does not......i have looked.
    BUT! I deid speak with ppl at chance vought thru email and they were very helpful, so you might try contacting Northrop Grumman.
    I have already got their email address for you. I would suggest you write them and explain that you would like some line drawings (not technical) of the F 89 and ask if they can accomadate you by sending you some. Explain that thy are for a card model of the plane. (you may have to explain what a card model is). But what better place to get info than from the factory.

contact Northrop Grumman at their email addy:

onewebmaster@ngc.com.

hope this helps, I love this plane.

have a good day, Greg aka GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

NOBI,

Ok, well back when I was helping look for information on the regulus II missile for a model, I found that chance vought had a "heritage page" on the internet, unfortunately, northrop grumman does not......i have looked.
    BUT! I deid speak with ppl at chance vought thru email and they were very helpful, so you might try contacting Northrop Grumman.
    I have already got their email address for you. I would suggest you write them and explain that you would like some line drawings (not technical) of the F 89 and ask if they can accomadate you by sending you some. Explain that thy are for a card model of the plane. (you may have to explain what a card model is). But what better place to get info than from the factory.

contact Northrop Grumman at their email addy:

onewebmaster@ngc.com.

hope this helps, I love this plane.

have a good day, Greg aka GW
  7. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member

8. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member

9. 46rob

46rob Member

If you can't find three views with cross-sections--you can develop your own from the 3-views, using basic drafting techniques. I did this years ago when I wanted to build a ship model and all I had was three views, no hull lines. I learned the techniques in seventh grade industrial arts class, btw.
  10. 46rob

46rob Member

If you can't find three views with cross-sections--you can develop your own from the 3-views, using basic drafting techniques. I did this years ago when I wanted to build a ship model and all I had was three views, no hull lines. I learned the techniques in seventh grade industrial arts class, btw.
  11. bholderman

bholderman Member

12. bholderman

bholderman Member

13. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

http://www.airpictorial.com/ Click on the Plans Library button. The plans are £4.50 a set, plus postage, plus tax if you are in the UK/EC. You get the whole magazine as a back issue if it still available, or a photocopy if not. Commercial site, no links with yours truly, some are great, a couple are, well, um, how can I put this, a bit imaginative. Most are very useful though. There is a Northrop F89 listed. I had a load of these drawings from the time Aviation News was a newspaper rather than a magazine. I'll have a look, see if I have that one.

Best wishes,

Tim P
  14. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

http://www.airpictorial.com/ Click on the Plans Library button. The plans are £4.50 a set, plus postage, plus tax if you are in the UK/EC. You get the whole magazine as a back issue if it still available, or a photocopy if not. Commercial site, no links with yours truly, some are great, a couple are, well, um, how can I put this, a bit imaginative. Most are very useful though. There is a Northrop F89 listed. I had a load of these drawings from the time Aviation News was a newspaper rather than a magazine. I'll have a look, see if I have that one.

Best wishes,

Tim P
  15. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, I am tickled to death to see nobi ask for help on finding info on this model, like I said, it is one of my altime favorites and with him asking about it, I am hoping that his version of this plane is just around the corner.
    But I hope that the plane is offered with the rocket pods on the wings instead of just the wingtip tanks. But eitherway, Its a model I will have to have.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  16. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, I am tickled to death to see nobi ask for help on finding info on this model, like I said, it is one of my altime favorites and with him asking about it, I am hoping that his version of this plane is just around the corner.
    But I hope that the plane is offered with the rocket pods on the wings instead of just the wingtip tanks. But eitherway, Its a model I will have to have.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  17. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Thank for all help, airpictorial magazine is interesting, i just order an Aircraft Model Magazine and Tamiya Model International Magazine from UK last week...that make me out of qouta of book's purchase this month :) i will think about airpictorial next month...so now try to scratch build without cross section that will ok for now...

maybe i will use metaseq for this scorpion and make step by step tutorial for people who interest

Thank you very much again
  18. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Thank for all help, airpictorial magazine is interesting, i just order an Aircraft Model Magazine and Tamiya Model International Magazine from UK last week...that make me out of qouta of book's purchase this month :) i will think about airpictorial next month...so now try to scratch build without cross section that will ok for now...

maybe i will use metaseq for this scorpion and make step by step tutorial for people who interest

Thank you very much again
  19. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy NOBI,

Well, I got to thinking after I posted that about the Northrop Grumman email link and with them being a US Gov Military Contractor, I didnt know how much luck you might would have since you are in Thailand, with getting any Info from them. (Todays world is abit screwed up ya know).
    So I emailed them right after I made that post asking If they could possibly send me some drawings similar to the ones that chance vought has on their site with cross sections and multiple views of the scorpion.
    I didnt hear back from them today, but just as soon as I do, I will let you know. I explained what the drawings were wanted for and am hopeful they will send some to me, when/if they do, I will send them to you.

anyway, I am really looking forward to your version of this aircraft, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  20. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy NOBI,

Well, I got to thinking after I posted that about the Northrop Grumman email link and with them being a US Gov Military Contractor, I didnt know how much luck you might would have since you are in Thailand, with getting any Info from them. (Todays world is abit screwed up ya know).
    So I emailed them right after I made that post asking If they could possibly send me some drawings similar to the ones that chance vought has on their site with cross sections and multiple views of the scorpion.
    I didnt hear back from them today, but just as soon as I do, I will let you know. I explained what the drawings were wanted for and am hopeful they will send some to me, when/if they do, I will send them to you.

anyway, I am really looking forward to your version of this aircraft, have a good day,

Greg aka GW