F-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

I did receive an e-mail from Ojimak with his permission to distribute the models as long as they are free, which was always my intention.

Lex

Dollmaker
I did receive an e-mail from Ojimak with his permission to distribute the models as long as they are free, which was always my intention.

...I'm relieved ^^ --And I also like the blue angels colouring!

Paragon

Here are the contents of the e-mail;

Dear James Gemperline,

Thank you for visiting to my Web site.
I am sorry for it to have become late to send a reply.
About your F-25.
I do not want my work to be changed fundamentally. Please
understand that.
But I had a favorable impression to your having connected
beforehand.
I was impressed by your passion over your model. And the
model is cool
!
Therefore, I regard as a permission being granted that you
make a new model using the parts of my model. But please
keep the following conditions.
1. You must not sell it.
2. When you announce the model by the web, I want you to
inform me the address in advance.
OK?
Since I am poor at English , I am praying that my idea is
transmitted correctly.

Please enjoy flying my model!
Thank you.

Ojimak

Bowdenja

Very Good........... I am glad you took the time to contact him.

Let the post begin............... let him know you plan to show it and give him a link to the thread and it looks like you have covered all your bases and we get to see your progress!

Great!

john

Paragon

You mean I should make a new thread announcing the models? Not a bad idea I suppose. He does have a link to this thread though.

Paragon

So, I'm sticking a needle in this thread and reviving it, simply because I figure this would be a good place for Lex to post progress on the model. Hopefully it will be just as good as his outstanding J-10 model.

On another note however, I was looking through an RC plane site, and began wondering what exactly it would take to make a scaled-up version of Lex's final model of the F-25 fly? I've never built a powered flying model before.

Lex

Dollmaker
In fact...

That's a great idea! Current progress is here:

To Paragon: That's the best I can do for the nose cone, hope that's similar enough to F-22 to you. I'm now researching into the tail sections of F14 and F15 to see what shapes they are...

Attachments

• Rhino002.jpg
    Rhino002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 17

Paragon

The nose is perfect. I would suggest studying the F-15, F/A-18F, F-22 and Su-35 tail sections, not the F-14, I didn't take the rear from it. The engines and intakes are the same as the F/A-18F, the rear is more like the Su-35, and the engine exhasts are F-22 style.

Lex

Dollmaker
I had to take an excursion from designing with Rhino... But now I'm back, just finished the tail section, I've taken reference from F-15, and that shape wasn't easy to do... Anyway that's the best I have at the current stage, I'll convert surfaces back to lines and create developable ones. The extra fins / exhausts / gears will come later.

P: A little modification to the tail to fit F-15...

Attachments

• ScrnShot3.jpg
    ScrnShot3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 23

SAustin16

Paragon,

Very cool design.

Have you ever seen the "Jack-Knife" concept where the variable sweep forward swept wings rotate forward and the leading edges tuck right into the fuseleage, the wingtips actually mate to the trailing edges of the canard? The trailing edges of the wing transition to leading edges. Just a thought.

Good Luck with your project...looks like a lot of fun,

Paragon

Yep, I have seen the "jack-knife" (also called "switchblade") style wings. I wanted to make something more like the F-14 though.

Lex

Dollmaker
Progress... developable surfaces completed. Now Paragon could you tell me whether it is a single-seater or two-seater so I can design the cockpit?

Attachments

• F25Render.jpg
    F25Render.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.