F-22 Raptor help

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by benhpark, Jan 22, 2008.

1. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

F-22 Raptor review

Hi, Ben Park here
    Long time no see^^
    My Mamecraft, again, went to trash. Don't ask me why :)(
    I finally got the F-22. Scale 1:50 by PModel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've put my F-22 temporarily on my De Havilland DH-2.

Great details, but I've done a lot of mistakes... well it's my first test build anyway:oops:

I'm thinking about covering the whole model (except few parts) with silver spratpaint. Then, I'm gonna use some markers. Well I'm lucky enough to get special markers here @ Korea... They cost $2 each, and they are very expensive, but the high cost pays off. They come in an incredible 120 colors.

Can anybody tell me where I could get these thin vinyl stickers that are usually used in plastic models? I want it also to be completely clean, with nothing printed on it. Thanks

--Ben P
  2. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

Oops, HUGE PICTURES.
    I wonder why that happenedsign1
  3. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

the plane in qestion is light grey in life not silver unless you just happen to fancy it silver then go for it:mrgreen:i didnt relise that p-models raptor had a cockpit im not a fan of us planes but this is already looking promising:thumb:

ps large sized files tend to come out big i always take photos for this forum in the cameras lowest setting to reduce size
  4. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

Thank you, NULLMOON.
    To be honest, it was crappy work done. That's why I was planning to do spraypainting to cover up my mistakes:mrgreen:

--Anyway, where can I get these thin, "blank" decals?
  5. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

OK. more stuff here for tonite!

Attached Files:

6. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

blank decals? try looking throgh some of the specilist printer papers there are varios transfer papers that you can print decals on then tranfer them via heat/pressure etc depending on the type,
    outside of card modeling you will be hard pressed to find an f-22 this big to use comercial decal sets

Transfer papers for artists - Lazertran is this what your after?
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

this is great! where did you get the F-22 from? I havnt seen it listed anywhere.
  8. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

I've said it before. (Or did I?:wave:) F-22 PModel. But the model is *not* free though.:eek: Costs 550 yen or something. About $4.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i read it was a p model but was whanting the site so i could BUY one. I bought one last night.after being announced that paper international had closed their doors, did not know who sold pmodel kits. im sorry for my ignorance on who sells what where. i am new to the comercial kit scene. i should have known a simple question would engender a smart ass response.:wave: and i dont understand why everyone assumes when a question is asked that they are automatically looking for a freebee.:wave:
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Um... Because we do generally ask for freebies... Surely nobody would ask where to find a Halinski model...
  11. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

//nothing

Well I wasn't asking:mrgreen:for any apologies though. Guess it's my mistake to misunderstand "where could I get the model" to "what manufacturer.":wave:
    It's PModel, and the website is --> ƒy[ƒp[ƒNƒ‰ƒtƒg PModel Ž†–ÍŒ^ If you enjoy the model, then look for others. It offers great details, but some models *do not have cockpits.*

Get babelfish(gives you nonsense and broken English) or something, cause Japanese can be :curse:annoying with all these squiggly letters bothering you.

By the way, more progress for tonite! I feel eerie, cause I only glued two pieces, and it seems (at least, to me) that I have done a considerable progress... why could it be...? Is it cause of the size of the parts?

Well :rolleyes: messed up some parts ( orz ) but gonna spraypaint it anyway ^^

The fit was absolutely perfect so far.
    If anyone has specific questions (fit, accuracy, details, errors), then feel free to ask ^^

Attached Files:

12. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

//nothing:

Just a quick find here, since you have purchased the model.

The control panel of the cockpit and HUD(heads-up display) are inaccurate. Right after I'm done with the next step, few changes on the cockpit will be shown here.

Thanks for reading
    -Ben P
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks benhpark. i actually got mine from paper international(go figure) as soon as i finish my halinski F-16 im gonna strt this F-22. ill be interested to see how this turns out. if it werent for your thread here i wouldnt have known this plane was out there.

if i cant find a particular Halinski kit i would use this forum to ask where to find one.
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hey benhpark, was looking over the parts and dont know if its a big deal to you or not but the sidewinders are blue.usually thats indicitive of practice munitions.
  15. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

i wonder if the draken or the mirage 2000 have cockpits? ..theres a nice starfighter there too one of the few U.S planes i like and it has a cockpit:mrgreen:

benhpark was that link for transfer paper any good i have links to others much cheaper if you like
  16. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

Oh Sorry NULLMOON but I found a way to do it

Thanks for the link though!
  17. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

OK. Time for another pics.
    Forgive me for frequently bothering you guys with these short replies... I really wanna post a long one, but our school is currently in "test week." And again, I've added one of the biggest pieces in this model and it seems like I have done a relatively "tremendous" work.

First one is the pic of the part B26. Notice that the model has some parts cut out. Seems like an idiotic:pwork but try to guess why in the world I would do this ^^:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Can I ask a question about PModels? They seem to use joining tabs directly on their parts, did you use them or did you use your own tabs to attack paper thickness?
  19. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

You can do it in both ways--the PModel--joining tabs can be optional.
    I didn't use both of the methods but I put bits of A4 to hold together my model.:)

I intentionally cut a little bit of B26, though, since I discovered my first fit problem:eek:
  20. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

PModel Progress

Time for another progress report!
    Again, some pics are available.

:curse:Like whoa, the fit of the jet intakes were terrible.wall1 For those of you planning to build this model, (and that includes _nothing_) I recommend that you should be very careful with these two pairs that make up the intake. Even the instructions don't cut it. Watch out for folding lines, how they should be folded, and the arrangement with the entrance of the intake.

And the weapon storage for AMRAAM-120 are done!:mrgreen:

--This is the question that I left in my previous reply--just a kind of quiz-- I haven't told you guys about this before, and I use double layer of normal A4, and I intentionally cut out the outer layer to lay out the shapes after spraypainting, which could give me a "clean" decoration without laters of paper sticking out. A major breakthrough after all!

Attached Files: