F-14 "Black Bunny" Girl A.K.A. my first model

Kevin G

After finally deciding on a model and having lots of help from you guys with problems I had, I am happy to present my first completed model!
The model is the F-14 "Black Bunny" Girl. The model is a free download that can be found on the pepakura site.
The model is 16 A4 size pages containing a total of 188 parts. Finished model is 13 inches tall when completed. Paper used was 8 sheets of 13x19 staples photo supreme double-sided matte paper for inkjet printer roughly cut down into 16 sheets of about A4 size. It would have looked better on glossy paper but my printer would have made it look like the blob had just attacked the girl so i went with the matte finish.

For a beginner, the model was a bit complicated with only the exploded view you get from pepakura. If you stare at the picture long enough and dry fit the pieces enough you can figure it out. There is only one actuall problem that I found with the model, when you go to attach the hair to the rest of the head there are tabs on the face but no surface to glue them too! I will NOT include pics of how I fixed this since I don't want anyone laughing too hard about my first model.
Anyways, here are some pics for you to look at and any questions or comments on ways to improve on my next build would be greatly appreciated!

site1028.JPG

site1029.JPG

site1030.JPG

Kevin G

After finally deciding on a model and having lots of help from you guys with problems I had, I am happy to present my first completed model!
The model is the F-14 "Black Bunny" Girl. The model is a free download that can be found on the pepakura site.
The model is 16 A4 size pages containing a total of 188 parts. Finished model is 13 inches tall when completed. Paper used was 8 sheets of 13x19 staples photo supreme double-sided matte paper for inkjet printer roughly cut down into 16 sheets of about A4 size. It would have looked better on glossy paper but my printer would have made it look like the blob had just attacked the girl so i went with the matte finish.

For a beginner, the model was a bit complicated with only the exploded view you get from pepakura. If you stare at the picture long enough and dry fit the pieces enough you can figure it out. There is only one actuall problem that I found with the model, when you go to attach the hair to the rest of the head there are tabs on the face but no surface to glue them too! I will NOT include pics of how I fixed this since I don't want anyone laughing too hard about my first model.
Anyways, here are some pics for you to look at and any questions or comments on ways to improve on my next build would be greatly appreciated!

site1028.JPG

site1029.JPG

site1030.JPG

R

rickstef

Kevin,

Killer model

i have been meaning to get back to mine, only got the phoenix and gun done, the rest is just waiting for me to return to it

you did an excellent job on her

Rick

R

rickstef

Kevin,

Killer model

i have been meaning to get back to mine, only got the phoenix and gun done, the rest is just waiting for me to return to it

you did an excellent job on her

Rick

Kevin G

Thanks Rick!
If you have not made the bullet chains yet just remember that they can be done! If you have done them already then you know what I mean :twisted: . :lol:

Kevin G

Thanks Rick!
If you have not made the bullet chains yet just remember that they can be done! If you have done them already then you know what I mean :twisted: . :lol:

Kevin G

John, Picked mine up when we pulled into that port and got shore leave... Wait a sec that was a different girl... :lol:
first CLick this link---> http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
when that page comes up on the left side click the pepakura gallery.
Then in the center of the page there is a link that says "to look japanese users' works" click on that. Next you will scroll down to the bottom and click on page 17.
The model should be the second model on that page.
Hope that helps! Sorry for the rather vauge instructions but im sure you will find it!
Just remember to get the free viewer if you don't already have it. It can be downloaded from the main page.
Enjoy!

Kevin G

John, Picked mine up when we pulled into that port and got shore leave... Wait a sec that was a different girl... :lol:
first CLick this link---> http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
when that page comes up on the left side click the pepakura gallery.
Then in the center of the page there is a link that says "to look japanese users' works" click on that. Next you will scroll down to the bottom and click on page 17.
The model should be the second model on that page.
Hope that helps! Sorry for the rather vauge instructions but im sure you will find it!
Just remember to get the free viewer if you don't already have it. It can be downloaded from the main page.
Enjoy!

NOBI

Hi Kevin,

you remind me for my first model i design...S-3 Viking in 1/72 what come from pepakura too...great work

NOBI

Hi Kevin,

you remind me for my first model i design...S-3 Viking in 1/72 what come from pepakura too...great work

Mace

Wow :shock: that's one chick, she reminds me of my wife :lol: Just kiddin!

But that's one fine model indeed, How long have you been working at her?

Mace

Wow :shock: that's one chick, she reminds me of my wife :lol: Just kiddin!

But that's one fine model indeed, How long have you been working at her?

Kevin G

It took about 20 hours over three weeks for me to construct her. Would have been quicker but I am remodeling the kitchen and could only sneak away from that for an hour or two when the wife was at work :lol:

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

Kevin G

It took about 20 hours over three weeks for me to construct her. Would have been quicker but I am remodeling the kitchen and could only sneak away from that for an hour or two when the wife was at work :lol:

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

Kevin G

OK an update here. the model is now complete! If you look at the pics above and notice that bright orange around her left wrist it is because the hand was dry fitted and never glued into place :eek:ops:
Fit was excelent though only noticed it when I went to move her from my desk to the display shelf she will now call home.
Thanks again for the kind words!

Kevin G

OK an update here. the model is now complete! If you look at the pics above and notice that bright orange around her left wrist it is because the hand was dry fitted and never glued into place :eek:ops:
Fit was excelent though only noticed it when I went to move her from my desk to the display shelf she will now call home.
Thanks again for the kind words!