F-104A

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
...and it is here,

Our latest offering is now posted. Roman's F-104A in US livery and 1:48-scale. Cockpit and wheel well detail and not for the beginner. This is a model that requires experience in working with paper and for the fan the century series of the post war jets, a must have model.
Order reference : 02-f104a-01
Available for delivery this afternoon http://www.teuton.org/dbarnett

DeWayne

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
...and it is here,

Our latest offering is now posted. Roman's F-104A in US livery and 1:48-scale. Cockpit and wheel well detail and not for the beginner. This is a model that requires experience in working with paper and for the fan the century series of the post war jets, a must have model.
Order reference : 02-f104a-01
Available for delivery this afternoon http://www.teuton.org/dbarnett

DeWayne

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
NOBI said:
Hi DeWayne,

Do u plan to release another color scheme? now im enjoy to be a builder and break design for a while :p

A CF-104 in RCAF colours would be my dream, or the same A/C in the three colour camoflage scheme it ended it's service in. The G model was after all the most built version.

Off topic, but I really liked your Hawker Seafury, one of these days I'm going to slap a RCN paint job on her.

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
NOBI said:
Hi DeWayne,

Do u plan to release another color scheme? now im enjoy to be a builder and break design for a while :p

A CF-104 in RCAF colours would be my dream, or the same A/C in the three colour camoflage scheme it ended it's service in. The G model was after all the most built version.

Off topic, but I really liked your Hawker Seafury, one of these days I'm going to slap a RCN paint job on her.

Old Ranger

Jun 26, 2004
Just D/L'd from Dewayne. Very nice! All the pieces are there. The builder has to do some work - connecting strips vs butt joins, etc. - heck, we do that anyway!!!

Thanks for a great model of the '104A!

:D :D :D

Old Ranger

Jun 26, 2004
Just D/L'd from Dewayne. Very nice! All the pieces are there. The builder has to do some work - connecting strips vs butt joins, etc. - heck, we do that anyway!!!

Thanks for a great model of the '104A!

:D :D :D

I also purchased this very nice looking model. The five page kit in .pdf format includes one page of information, three pages of parts, and one page of assembly diagrams. By my count the kit contains 133 pieces. The model includes two Sidewinder missiles, a fairly detailed cockpit, full wheel wells, and fairly detailed landing gear. The F-104A does not come with any connecting strips so make your own (a very easy task). You could also print two of every fuselage former and build it with butt-glued cylinders. However, in my opinion, models that use connecting strips come out with better looking, tighter joints. The unifirm gray color of the model is intended to simulate bare metal. The upper surface of the wings is very light gray or white. The tail number is 60752.

Though the model includes a fairly low part count, this makes sense considering the fuselage shape, minimal armament, and lack of connecting strips. Most or all of the underlying images in the .pdf file must be in vector format, because I scaled the model up to 1:33 at 300 dpi in Photoshop without losing any detail.

You can easily superdetail this model by adding separate seat belts (just print the seat twice and cut them out), inserting a raised control panel (print it twice and use a punch on the instruments), adding some details to the wheels, or even deflecting the control surfaces (slightly more work).

I also purchased this very nice looking model. The five page kit in .pdf format includes one page of information, three pages of parts, and one page of assembly diagrams. By my count the kit contains 133 pieces. The model includes two Sidewinder missiles, a fairly detailed cockpit, full wheel wells, and fairly detailed landing gear. The F-104A does not come with any connecting strips so make your own (a very easy task). You could also print two of every fuselage former and build it with butt-glued cylinders. However, in my opinion, models that use connecting strips come out with better looking, tighter joints. The unifirm gray color of the model is intended to simulate bare metal. The upper surface of the wings is very light gray or white. The tail number is 60752.

Though the model includes a fairly low part count, this makes sense considering the fuselage shape, minimal armament, and lack of connecting strips. Most or all of the underlying images in the .pdf file must be in vector format, because I scaled the model up to 1:33 at 300 dpi in Photoshop without losing any detail.

You can easily superdetail this model by adding separate seat belts (just print the seat twice and cut them out), inserting a raised control panel (print it twice and use a punch on the instruments), adding some details to the wheels, or even deflecting the control surfaces (slightly more work).