ezdays...

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
ezdays:wave:, could i please ask when the new photo contest will be, and if you have any idea what the theme will be? just curious. THANK YOU!:D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Me too! I've been trying to be patient and wait but since somebody else asked first, I thought I would second the VOTE!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's a good question, but to be frank, I haven't chosen a theme yet. More frequently than not, I don't decide until I'm ready to announce one. :rolleyes:

I am going to start this one about a week late though and run it untily the end of July. I want to poll everyone as to whether they like the old way or the new way of posting pics. I am also thinking about running two contests, one that should be easy to find an entry, and the other that might take a bit more skills, either modeling or computer.:thumb:

Let me ask, what would you all like to see as the next contest, or contests? I'm open to suggestions.:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Post them here, after all, these contests are for you, and I'd like to see as many people enter them as possible.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Since it is an extended summer contest, how about... "Lazy Days of Summer" as a theme? E.g. your lakeside/waterfront/whatever summer means to you as depicted on your layout pictures... ;) Baseball games, bathers, sun beating down on the loco, laundry on the line, fishing, cottage, etc, etc, etc...

Andrew

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MasonJar said:
Since it is an extended summer contest, how about... "Lazy Days of Summer" as a theme? E.g. your lakeside/waterfront/whatever summer means to you as depicted on your layout pictures...Andrew
ezdays, THANK YOU for your answer:thumb::D. heres MY opinion, I STRONGLY AGREE with Andrew:thumb:. i think he has come up with an AWESOME idea.:D i think the "key" to it is it has to be a pic from OUR layout;). look, we are ALL model railroaders, right?, well I want to see the contest pics come off of YOUR LAYOUTS:thumb::D. with the theme Andrew came up with, the variables for the pics are...ENDLESS. its so EASY to come up with a summer pic, EVERYONE could get in on this one!:D WELL, what do you guys think?...anyone?...Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?...tooth1:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
UP SD40-2 said:
ezdays, THANK YOU for your answer:thumb::D. heres MY opinion, I STRONGLY AGREE with Andrew:thumb:. i think he has come up with an AWESOME idea.:D i think the "key" to it is it has to be a pic from OUR layout;). look, we are ALL model railroaders, right?, well I want to see the contest pics come off of YOUR LAYOUTS:thumb::D. with the theme Andrew came up with, the variables for the pics are...ENDLESS. its so EASY to come up with a summer pic, EVERYONE could get in on this one!:D WELL, what do you guys think?...anyone?...Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?...tooth1:D
Yeah, I like that idea as well, and I agree that we're all model railroaders to an extent. You have to understand that not everyone here has their own layout, and those that do are in every possible stage of completion from bare benchwork to some percentage done to completed and running just fine. There are others that run a club layout and there are those that are planning for the future when they have room or time or can afford the cost. Then there are some here that will never get into modeling, they are just interested or are railfans. I try to open up at least some of these contests for everyone here. Last month's contest should have been a shoo-in, post a picture about anything would have included anyone interested in anything at all, railroading, your girlfiend, your kids, your new car, anything. I guess I made it a bit too broad since we get a better response when I get more specific. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Maybe "as modelled by you" so it can include dioramas or other little scenes. That way you are not required to have a home layout. For the purposes of this contest, I would count a layout at a club you frequent as "yours" with appropriate credit, as long as some of the stuff in the scene is yours too (loco, vehicle, figures, etc).

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
MasonJar said:
Maybe "as modelled by you" so it can include dioramas or other little scenes. That way you are not required to have a home layout. For the purposes of this contest, I would count a layout at a club you frequent as "yours" with appropriate credit, as long as some of the stuff in the scene is yours too (loco, vehicle, figures, etc).

Andrew
Yeah, I've done that is some past contests. Your layout or work you've done on the club or someone else's layout qualified.

Right now i've got to get the voting for last month set up before I give this month's any more thought. :D :D

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Don, I suggested this last year or before: "what I did in my summer vacation". This is for August or September. The idea being that it's someplace not close to home. Or it could be your LPBs having a vacation. (I'm sure the members will bend the rules far enough to be interesting.)