ezdays-2005 challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Don, I just read this thread for the first time and had a ball! Very funny stuff and a nice decrepit looking building!
Ralph

jim currie

OK OK :eek:ops: i have to admit i was wrong about the prototype being in Gila bend with all the alien activity and the space ships it must be in Searchlight Nevada. :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Thanks Ralph, but this is serious business.:D :D :D :D Like anything connected to the government, anything humerous is strictly accidental.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Miles and Pete, they indeed could be cannibles, just that in this case they strayed from their normal diets.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Eating a stray alien or two doesn't change what they are...:p

Yeah Jim, I told you there was too much going on to be in Gila Bend. The same goes for Searchlight. Maybe, just maybe this could be a bit farther to the south, possibly Laughlin, NV or the infamous Bullhead City where weird things happen every day.:wave: :wave:

Drew1125

You've done an excellent job on the kitbash/diorama, Don...but I'm a little concerned that you may be staying up a little too late at night, & that sleep depravation is begining to take hold! ;)

btw...as I was looking at your last couple of pics, my wife was getting ready to go to work this morning...she paused & looked at the pictures for about 5 seconds, & said, "You guys are completely nuts!" :D ;) :p :D

I'm right there with ya, bro!
Great job!
:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Drew,

Tell your wife that's the greatest compliment she could bestow on this lowely soul.:D There's a fine line between being a bit off one's rocker and having fun. I'm not sure which side of that line that I'm on...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Uh Oh, so they are real and here i thought it wasn't true they were real. Time to pack up and move to another planet. LOL. Great Job Don.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Drew1125

ezdays said:
Drew,

Tell your wife that's the greatest compliment she could bestow on this lowely soul.:D There's a fine line between being a bit off one's rocker and having fun. I'm not sure which side of that line that I'm on...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don,
I told her that there's a fine line between insanity & genius, & we model railroaders walk that line with the greatest of ease! ;) :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Drew1125 said:
Don,
I told her that there's a fine line between insanity & genius, & we model railroaders walk that line with the greatest of ease! ;) :D
Drew,

You are right, but when we walk that fine line and we stumble, I wonder which side do we fall on?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I know what side I always seem to gravitate towards, and I'll tell you, one doesn't get any gold starts for being on that side of the line..:D :D Oh well, I don't think geniuses have much fun anyway.:wave: :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Further update – After prompting by some Gauge administrators, I sent the photographer undercover once again. He noticed upon getting there that there was no trace of the spacecraft that had dug a trench making a significant “hard” landing, nor the rescue craft in the parking lot or any sign of aliens. Seems like someone cleaned the place up really well. Where did the aliens go you ask? Why were they there in the first place, and who got rid of all that evidence? Seems like there was no one in sight… but wait, our photog catches a glimpse of movement out of the corner of his eye. Yes, up there in the tower! He is frozen in fear, but is professional enough to quickly snap a shot then zoom in for a second shot. He is able to get out before he is spotted.

Is this abandon tower being used by extraterrestrials, and for what purpose? Is this the control tower of all control towers used to guide other alien craft? Take a look and decide for yourself, maybe you have some answers to these daunting questions.

Attachments

• Aliens5005.jpg
    Aliens5005.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Aliens05.jpg
    Aliens05.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 33

ausien

Great modeling E.D, love the kitbash, and the time line, laughed my head of at the crash landing, only a train nut could come up with a string like that, and mikey, beat me to all the one liners. Keep up the good work Don, and have a good one..steve

jmarksbery

:wave: Havn't been on in a while Don and this was the first place I looked. Wow, that is a great kitbash, I love it all. As for the rest, well------ "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU MY FRIEND!" :thumb: :rolleyes: Jim

ezdays

Out AZ way
Thanks guys, I doubt that I would be as old as I am without having a lot of humor in my life.
MasonJar said:
Don,

Do you think you could work some dinosaurs into the story somehow...? :D :D ;) :p

Andrew
Well Andrew, I could, but then there would be no aliens left. You see, in spite of stories to the contrary, most dinosaurs were plant eaters. Plants are green and so are these aliens. You can see where that's going...:D :rolleyes: :wave:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
ezdays said:
Well Andrew, I could, but then there would be no aliens left. You see, in spite of stories to the contrary, most dinosaurs were plant eaters. Plants are green and so are these aliens. You can see where that's going...:D :rolleyes: :wave:

Straight to Hollywood blockbuster status!! That's where ;) Don't you recall those fabulous epics like Godzilla vs King Kong, and Godzilla vs Mothra (sp?). With aliens in the mix, how can you go wrong?! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
You got a point there, except I'd think it would be more along the lines of Plan 9 from Outer Space, the infamous cult flick by Ed. Wood.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Never made any money, but didn't cost anything to make either. Sounds like a lot of my other endevors.:rolleyes:

But, we could try, we'll need a cast, some lights and someone with a decent video camera, all at the same time mind you.:D :D

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Pretty much any plastic dino I have ever seen is roaring (especially if it's a T-rex or some other large scary carnivore). I am sure the dollar store could provide an outstanding cast at well below standard union wages...

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
galt904 said:
Does anyone make any HO scale dinosaurs with their mouths open that far?
Just for the sake of scale, my diorama is in N. I think an HO scale dino would be a tad overpowering, for me anyway. He'd swallow those aliens while they were still in their silver shells.:eek:

I'm looking around the house to see if any of the grandkids left a few behind.

galt904

N scale....makes your work all the more impressive to me! I thought you were in HO. :eek:ops:
smile.gif

ezdays

Out AZ way
galt904 said:
N scale....makes your work all the more impressive to me! I thought you were in HO. :eek:ops:
smile.gif
Thanks Chad, that's all I work in. Don't have the room for anything bigger. :rolleyes: The hardest thing doing this in N scale was making the sign readable in the photos. It is a bit oversized for the scale, but then again, industrial real estate signage is usually bigger. Aliens, well one never knows what scale they are when they land.:eek: These happen to be about the same size as humans...:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.