ez water

pupparo

I haven't forgot to send new pictures just tied up trying to figure out things.
I noticed people posting more than one picture under the same topic but I could only get one.
Now for my lasted question.
I started to make my river using elmers glue but after about four coats it started to turn milky could I use ez water over top of what I have or would it cause a problem.
I don't know what the heat temp is would it burn the glue I have already used?
Can anyone help?
Joseph P Pupparo

Hi Joseph,

I would cover up the glue with plaster or something similar. Then paint the bottom to show different depts of your lake. EZ Water is very hot when you pour it so be real careful when you pour it so you don't damage anything in your lake area. It will melt a plastic bridge in a second. Don't pour your lake very deep as Ez Water is known to curl up after a period of time. My train shop is temperture controled and the EZ Water still cracked and curled up after about eight months. They claim you can reheat the EZ Water back to where it was but again with a heat gun you can damage a lot of things in a big hurry. On my new layout I'm going to try Woodlands new water product as Ive heard good reports on it. Good Luck Ron ;)

Vic

Hi Joseph, I too think that the best thing to do is to cover up what you have with a layer of plaster and start over and perhaps use Envirotex for the water. I understand that WS has discontinue EZ Water in favor of something else.

A friend of mine who works for a hobby distributor told me that the orginal EZ Water was nothing more than the pellets that hot glue sticks are made from...Ain't that strange???:eek: :D :D

pupparo

Thanks Ron.
I will look into the new product you told me about.
Yes I have alot of time into this to have it ruined.
Thanks again
Joseph Pupparo

pupparo

Wendell,
I made the waterfalls using hot glue on a piece of glass(will not stick) then painted it with transparent paint. Try and get a form in your mind when applying the hot glue to the glass. Then you will have streams coming down the way you want.Around logs, rock,ect.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Joseph,
The woodland Scenics "water" can be poured on to make the basic surface, the "water effects" works like the hot glue in making falls,waves, etc., but without all the heat. You also have more time to form, and shape the effect.
Pete