Experience with Print/Copy Shops

Szdfan

Feb 24, 2012
Has anyone ever experienced any kind of problems taking their downloaded models to a copy shop for printing? In particular, I'm wondering whether their might be questions from the shop about copyright violations, even though the model being printed is a free model.

I've heard horror stories about Walmart refusing to print pictures they suspect were taken by a studio -- my uncle had a negative experience when he tried to make copies of 19th Century photographs he owned at Walmart, even though copyright was no longer applicable. Any experience of this happening with card models at a copy shop?

Z

Zathros

Go to Staples, they do a better job, and I wouldn't worry. I have had no problems in that regard. 99% of these shops have internet connections and ultimately, you could just show them where you got it from. :)

TonyG2

Jun 7, 2006
Sheffield usually.
Agreed. I use Staples in the UK and have never had any problems. even managed to get them to enlarge to print as A3 sheets.

Mentioned in another thread that a model that should have been in shades of grey came out on their laser printer with an odd purplish shade but I had the same problem on my ink jet printer at home.

I generally take the files in on a key drive and only once have they even delayed printing by running a virus check first.

That said, I have run a virus check on the key drive afterwards....

So far no infections.