• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
I'm getting to where I have lots of ideas of things to add to the layout, but have no more room to add them. So, I started thinking (and you know how dangerous that can be!), what if I expanded the layout? How could I do it?

The layout is in N Scale, 28" X 48", with 9 3/4" radius curves. I have posted an overall view and a view of each end below; more infomation and pictures can be found here in the N Scale forum.

I haven't decided if I want to try this or not. If I did, I would not want to damage the existing scenery any more than necessary. What do you think?
John

Attachments

• Mvc-014s.jpg
    Mvc-014s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Mvc-008s.jpg
    Mvc-008s.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Mvc-009s.jpg
    Mvc-009s.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 180

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The layout looks good. :thumb: If you are coming up with new ideas ( yes we know how dangerous that is LOL :D ) you should go ahead and expand the layout and be careful with doing so, so you will not damage the existing. My vote was yes, but this is up to you and if you get alot of votes to extend the layout go ahead. I am not saying any of this in a mean way just so ya know lol, hope everything works out. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Where do you want to expand it to, or more correctly, what would the dimensions of an expanded layout be? The easiest way that I see to expand would be to remove the turn back curve at the end of the layout opposite the siding, and extend that end. You would probably have to remove the scenery at that end of the layout, but it shouldn't be too difficult to redo it afterwards.

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Russ, I would probably just add another 4' section to give a total length of 8' while keeping the same width. I could add that on to the end with the siding and not have to change much scenery at all.

LS, I guess the question I had was whether to add on to this layout or to build a second small layout with the new ideas.

John

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Thanks everyone for the advice. :wave: Matthew, you didn't sound mean at all, and I do appreciate your comments. Screwy, that sounds like a good idea. I could add on there to make a small interchange yard.

John

SteamerFan

Sep 3, 2004
Yea, that lone siding is the best place to add the other section to it. kinda make it modular then. although if you want to make it an interchange point, you might want to double track it for an east bound and a west bound setup. Hopefully that minor change won't upset the scenery to much.