Excellent Orion Model Capsule model

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I found this poking around the net. Get it while you can! With just a little greeblin, making some of the parts the shape they should be the lattice structure on the bottom should be round, some "tanks" on the thruster end ((Red in color) are missing, etc., see first pic, color in the edges, and some careful craftsmanship, this will be an excellent model. :)

Orion_Exploration_Flight_Test_1.jpg

https://axm61.wordpress.com/2014/12/31/axm-orion-eft-1-model/

B6SfhHSCYAEVifI.jpg:large
image10.jpg

image11.jpg
image32.jpg

blake7

I love how these models look. Sort of a 60's NASA. I had a plastic model of the launch tower, and rocket with vehicles, but I was too young to know how to put it together. All these years later I can't find the same model, and I don't remember what it was called, but some time I want to make some of the paper ones I down loaded. Maybe it put the nagging filling of not having been able to do the other one. Thanks for the link zathros!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I was shocked as Hell when I stumbled up on it. It took me a half hour to find the source, to make sure it wasn't pirated. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The blog is fairly new. It seems that this blog is connected to the AXM model page (just a guess, it looks that way; in addition, the quality of the work matches the other kits they are offering ;) ). IF it is I guess it won't be long before it pops up there, too. The instructions will be published shortly. :)

AXM61

Glad you like the model, guys. and a special thanks to Zathros for finding it.
Just to clarify regarding the tanks on the second stage, I based my findings on photos of the real thing showing these tanks as black. There were some other photos showing the tanks in red, but in reality, the tanks have red covers that are removed before flight.

AXM61

My official website is now linked to my WordPress blog, on which I present updates and new releases, too. Updating my blog site is much easier through my mobile device instead of using the computer.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh man, thank you very much for all these fantastic models, Alfonso! I have "liked" your posts above because you REALLY DESERVE the likes. The huge amount of work, research, skill and dedication you have put into your models must be appreciated. BTW, your website is so formidable that I have saved everything to prevent it from getting lost. ;) Consider me an AXM-Fan, too! :)

AXM61

Thanks Revell-Fan for your words. I really appreciate it.
Making these models is something that I enjoy doing. I try my best making them as accurately as possible for you guys.
Thanks for liking.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
AXM61, feel free to have a link to your BLOG in your descriptor, in whatever color you want, so members can find it quicker. I don't know how much your Blog costs you for storage, but as you may have noticed, we host complete collections of the works of many authors. This saves them money. They upload them (We can help you with process), but you upload the model, and if for any reason, (none need be given), you can take them down and out off the sight. This has helped a few people who more proficient at their production of models, produce models, and not worry about paying for "Cloud" storage. This is not any kind of requirement, and not an all or nothing, you could just do a few, or none, up to you, it's just a service we provide for our members, for free, everything on this forum is free. Actually, if you ever decide to start selling stuff on your blog, there is a whole 'nother set of rules for that, which few ever bother trying to follow. In that case, we require a complete, soup to nuts, build thread, and then a link to the model, after it is finished can be posted, only once. It's been a while since we've communicated, it great to see you posting here. It's really nice, really really nice.

The forum has mellow out quite a bit, eh?!? Just took a few butts booted, some out, after many many, too many, chances. ass-kicking.gif