Evaluation of Model Train Manufacturers

winger

Aug 26, 2007
I joined the forum last night so I don't know my way around too well. I am going to begin with model railroading, probably N gauge because of space considerations, but have not bought anything yet. I don't really know what to base my buying decisions on. What I really would like to know if there is anywhere in this forum that discusses the quality of the different manufacturers. Are the Kato locos superior to the Bachman or vice versa, and what about other brands that don't seem to get as much attention. I guess what I am really looking for is a Consumer Reports of train manufactures. If anyone knows of somewhere on this site or some other, or even has his own recommendations I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
winger

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Winger,

Welcome to The Gauge.

To answer your question, we do have a products review forum, and we also have a good search tool that may allow you to find previous posts about members' experiences with a variety of items.

If you can't find anything, post a question in the Nscale forum (or wherever you think it's appropriate) for discussion. You'll find we're a pretty civilized bunch, and you should get some solid information.

Andrew

PS - If you post something, and then decide it should maybe be somewhere else, just let one of the moderators know - no harm, no foul! ;)