European subways and rapid transits in H0

TEP 60

May 1, 2005
Leopold Halling produces in H0 Berliner-S-Bahn, Berliner-U-Bahn, Wiener-U-Bahn- does anyone produce the suitable decorative third rails for them? Woytnik has discontinued his Berliner-S-Bahn third rail...

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Couldn't you just spike a third rail on the side...or attach it to supports? It's really easy to do...especially if it is purely cosmetic.

It's a shame they offer the Weiner U-Bahn but not the Weiner S-bahn. The Vienna subways looks like some hideous soviet thing...but their older street cars are just beautiful. The subway trains are unworthy of what I regard as the world's finest city...

I've attached a picture of the station near the summer palace, Schoenbrun, where you can see the third rail...as well as some pictures of the old (non-spaceship looking) strassenbahn cars...from tramway.at

Viennaslide Imagefile - Vienna, Austria: Tramway
Viennaslide Imagefile - Vienna, Austria: Tramway

I want to live there. I want to ride their Strassenbahn every day!

Attachments

• Vienna U-bahn.JPG
    Vienna U-bahn.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 4

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
TEP, you've asked the same question over and over for months, and the answer is still the same: no. It's time for you to come to terms with the fact that you might have to scratchbuild this third-rail. It's time to move past denial and progress on to acceptance!