ET&WNC 2-6-6-2

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
Ok I know they never were, But what if? what would they have looked like? The book Tweetsie Country has a builders drawing of it. But does not give me everything i want to know. What kind of cab? what Paint job? all those little things and what number would they have had? does anyone have any idea?

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
great site. I am working on getting a SV 2-6-6-2 and if i can i want to change it into the ET&WNC 2-6-6-2 I have most of the info on it now but still looking for some. I know it would have been the same size as the SV ones but with a biger tender. I am thinking that a C-21 tender will work great for it. and a C-16 cab. I waas told they would have been done in green also but i think they would have stayed black wih gold lettering and stripes. what do you guys think?

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
yep The one i am trying to get is a older PFM brass one. If all goes right i sould get her before my birthday on the 15th. If i get it I want to find a good cab for it. and get rid of the all weather cab as the ET&WNC would have not used anything like that. I allready have a tender off a dead C-21 i am going to use behind it. Now if i can find out the right number for it.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Paul,
The loco in my avatar is SVRY #250, brass, HOn3, and it doesn't have an all weather cab. Are you thinking of the Uintah 2-6-6-2T ? These are the engines SVRY bought when Uintah went out of business. Very briefly, they retained the tanks, and had tenders, but the tanks were quickly removed by the SV.

On your "tweetsy", are you going to model the interchange at Johnson City Tn., with the CC&O (Clinchfield) ? As long as your going "could have been", it would be neat to see a 3' gauge 2-6-6-2 sharing dual gauge track with a Clinchfield 4-6-6-4.
or any other CRR articualted.
Pete

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
Not realy sure what you call the cab on it. with the door on the side of the cab, but i know the ET&WNC would not have used a cab like that. I would love to find a club near me that had HOn3 so we could do some of that. But the 2 clubs near me have no narrow gauge and have said they will not have it on there layout so i am without a club:cry:.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I would love to find a club near me that had HOn3 so we could do some of that. But the 2 clubs near me have no narrow gauge and have said they will not have it on there layout so i am without a club
Paul,
I inherited the narrow gauge on the Lake County Model Railroad club layout, as the only member who was interested in HOn3. It got voted out, and is gone now.............but, membership has changed in the last couple of years, and I might have a chance of putting in a narrow gauge switchback, and taking over an existing engine facility.
proceding slowly, and carefully.

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
yah the Greensboro club had a small HOn3 part but it was in bad shape and would not run. when they took down the old layout they said never again with narrow gauge. and the Winston Salem SouthBound club is HO only. I know there are a few of us Narrow Minded Rail Heads around here but they seem to be in hideing. As of now i have 5 working HOn3 engines and this little guy and i have the Sumter Valley engine on the way here in the mail. when i get it i am going to add a new tender and another cab to it to make the ET&WNC 2-6-6-2.

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
well guys I got the Sumpter Valley 2-6-6-2 today in the mail. spent the last couple hours working on getting her to run good. as when i got her she would not run at all. now some 2 hours later running good but need a new Pony truck as this one is damaged bad.