Errors in posting

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi, If anyone is experiencing errors in posting could they please send me a mail or respond here.

Thanks
Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi Railery, its very easy to double-post. After submiting a post, clicking on the refresh button before the re-built page has been shown to you will usually cause a double-post.

Dave Hagan
The Gauge

[This message has been edited by Dave Hagan (edited 02-17-2001).]

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Hi Dave
I'm having a bit of trouble with posts,too.
One problem is with my psssword, which until today was saved,
.. haven't had to type it in each time.
A couple of times now, there's a blank field(password) then when I type it in, I get "sorry, that's not the correct password" of something to that effect. On second try, it goes through.
2nd: After being thanked for my reply, the reply doesn't show up, when I check( I discoverd a couple of unposted messages by accident a few days ago, while reading 'new posts'...so I started to check to see if my message shows up...but now, I'm getting double posts!!!...
When the just posted reply doesn't show up on the board, I re-submit...maybe I should give it a little more time to actually show?I really don't want to rewrite the message;
as surprising as it may seem, typing is not my favorite passtime
biggrin.gif

I'm not complainin', just wanted to let you know my experience...also, I think maybe my Windows ME is foulin' up things a bit.. it still has a few glitches, in spite of 3 or 4 'updates' since Oct
mad.gif

Bye for now...I'll keep you posted if I have any more adventures 'on board',(
rolleyes.gif
) here or via email.
Thanks again for the great site!!!
cool.gif

Virginian

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 02-16-2001).]

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi All,
I think the best way to see if your first post has gone in okay, is to refresh then look, if it hasn't, leave the gauge, then come back in and see. I think you will find your post this time.If not (START TO PANIC)

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi VGN, Shamus is right, some people are not seeing their new posts because their PC's are showing them "cached" versions of the page. Clicking on the "refresh" button usually solves it

Dave Hagan
The Gauge

[This message has been edited by Dave Hagan (edited 02-17-2001).]

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Hello Dave!

I've had trouble around the times you have had some server problems, however some might try this before panicking...

Look before you repost to make sure you don't have to "Turn the page". I've made that mistake and it was all my fault!

When you add an entry to a board, you are returned to the first page of entries, not where you chronologically think you should end up.

George.

Dave something is up with : General Talk/Got My Shay. Not all the posts are showing up, unless u go to reply and then they all show up. This just happened today. i only get 8 posts showing and i've refreshed and reloaded and still only 8 not 12. It has only happened on that topic not any others, go figure
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif
Okay who's playing around. Now the page is working. Boy some days on the net can be frustrating but quite funny.

[This message has been edited by Railery (edited 02-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Railery (edited 02-28-2001).]