Errors & down time

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi everyone, we're having a few database problems with the board at the minute and people are experiencing "can't connect" errors on certain pages or the site appears to be down. Just to let everyone know we're aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Dave Hagan

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Dave,
So,, did you have to "reload windows"? I figured when I could log into everywhere except "the gauge", that there was a problem there, and that it wouldn't be long before it got fixed. This IS the best model railroad forum out there. I also visit
Modelersboatyard, and there isn't much activity, here, things happen.
Thanks for keeping us connected.
Pete

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Thanks for the kind words guys, the problem is we're running out of space on the web server and need to do a quick upgrade to keep things running smoothly. The "attach image" feature of the board is a huge drain on resources but one we're committed to keeping.

Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Rory, we're US based & hosted but European owned, no we don't host other boards or sites at the moment

Dave Hagan

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Thanks for fixing it so quickly Dave, I had a sinking feeling when I couldn't connect with the forum. I suspected images were a real space eater on the server but geeee, it's what makes this forum the best on the web. Thanks again, you're a wizzzz.

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I've wondered about the amount of space this site must require...
I guess I've done my share of filling it up, too...
But that is what makes this site so cool, & what keeps me coming back day after day (& sometimes hour after hour!)
The Gauge has basically become an extension of my modeling...where else can a person write, & have pictures instantly published around the world?
Whenever I start, or finish (or get stuck in the middle of) a project, I can't wait to share it with everybody here!
And I love seeing what everyone else is up to.
There's really no way to measure how much this site has helped my modeling.
My hat is off to you Dave! I can live with some errors & down time, as long as you keep up the fantastic job you're doing!
Thanks!

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Dave, I guess I can say no problems so far on my end, been able to get my daily "Gauge" fix. I echo everyone else in saying the pictures are what makes this site so addictable, keep up the great work.

Bill P