Erie R-1 heads to the shop for overhaul

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Erie R-1 2-10-2 steam loco heads to the shop for overhaul

Here is one of my favorite locos. It's an Alco models HO Erie 2-10-2 class R-1. I painted it a long time ago and now it's time to do it better. It was re-motored with a Mashima can motor as soon as I got it (around 15 years ago) and it is now DCC equipped so I can operate on Gary's layout. This time I intend to use better decals, install an operating headlight and a new gearbox. Here is one last photo shoot before it gets redone.

r11.jpg

r12.jpg

r13.jpg

r14.jpg

r15.jpg

r16.jpg

r17.jpg

Lackawanna Jim

Nov 27, 2002
NJ
Visit site
Blake;

You know I've always been partial to this model! I think it's painted just fine; but, the caliber of your work now will eclipse your older work, for sure... I Look forward to the results!

Jim :cool:

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Thanks Jim, It's more than just the paint job. I think I can make it run even better too. When I painted this loco, I don't even think I cleaned it all that well prior to starting it. I see allot of paint chipping off now. On top of that, I used Champ decals. Back then, they looked like scotch tape. Even in the photos you can clearly see the film. This time, I'm using Microscale decals.