Enviro-tex

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Evening folks!!
I was at Michaels (craft store) today with my wife and bought some enviro-tex for use on a small pond I plan on adding to my layout in the near future. I've used acrylic gloss medium over painted surfaces to represent water in the past with "OK" results and was looking for something new. I've read about alot of modelers using the envirotex and have seen great looking photos of it. My question is about the fumes or odors associated with it. How bad are they really? The instructions say to use it in a well ventilated area and I would hope it wouldn't stink up the house for weeks on end!:rolleyes:
Thanks as always,

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Matt, That's why its called Enviro-Tex:D It does have an odor but its not strong and does not smell like dirty socks like polyester resin does and the odor will go away very shortly:) :)

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Thank you Vic! I didn't relish the thought of having to move me and my layout to the backyard permanently! My wife had that funny gleam in her eye about the possibility of strange fumes rising up the basement stairs!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Matt, Although I don't have one at the present time one of the "cardinal rules" of model railroading is keeping the wife happy:D :D :D That way its easy to negociate more space:D and to make "unquestioned" purchases:D :D

You guys up north are so lucky....you can have basements...we don't have them here in the "Deep South":( ...the water table is too high:eek: Its a "trek" across a 1/2 acre to get to my model railroad building:( :eek: :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Vic,
Us guys up north aren't quite so lucky as you think. Basements mean STAIRS, and we all reach the point when treking across a 1/2 acre is easier than climbing stairs! Oh, basements also mean sump pumps. The sump pump quits, and we have a scale reenactment of the great flood!
Pete