Enterprise Romulan BoP Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmags

Got the updates. Will resize them tomorrow morning. For now its time for bed.

My progress so far: 2 nacelles (the second one always comes out better ;) ), and one wing.

IMGP1394.jpg

The one suggestion I can make here is to match the wing tip's curve to match that on the inside of the nacelle so it fits without a gap:

IMGP1392.jpg

Other than that, its a bit of a tricky build with all the edge gluing and compound curves, but its very well designed! :thumb: This will be perfect in no time!

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Apr 30, 2009
Florida, USA
ok heres my hull. Everything I had to do to it to make it work has been incorporated back into the parts sheets. except one thing I still want to change on the lower bridge deck. Instead of the 45 degree slope I have now at the end Im going to change that deck to a much gentler taper down to the back. I think it will make the fin look a bunch better.

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Apr 30, 2009
Florida, USA
Ok update with my recontour of the lower bridge deck and flusher fitting wingtips (thanks Cmags for the compliment btw) coming down the line. I have even more respect now for all the designers out there than I did before. Takes some fiddlin to get it right. Excellent Paragon!. Im smelling final update. I guess I should throw some tabs on there though. Any trick to that or just mindless tedium?

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Apr 30, 2009
Florida, USA
Thanks you guys for your help with this. And thanks to everyone else who offered after we were pretty much on top of it too, you can help me with the next one.

C

cmags

Ya know, as I was going to bed last night, I figured you and Paragon would have this finished by the time I woke up. I was right. lol

Anyway, regarding my suggestion about the nacelle/wing connection - I was thinking of making the contour of the wing follow the nacelle exactly, with the hard corner/J-curve rather than a gradual S-curve. I took your updated file and did this to illustrate (original on top, modification on bottom):

nacellejoint.jpg

It seems to me that you could end the aft wing strip right at the hard joint (or sooner since a portion is against the nacelle) and it would sit nicely against the nacelle this way. If you like the change, I'll send you either the .tif I was working with (full resolution), or re-save as a .pdf.

C

cmags

File sent. Sorry it took so long - it failed the first time around.

C

cmags

Build continues slowly...

So I finished the ventral hull this morning, and noticed a couple things. First, the Y-shaped piece is still wider than the hull, but I'm going to wait to decide to snip it or not because the wing may hide it when attached, and it may just provide a better attachment for the hull's edge strip and the wing too. I also had trouble with the rounded part in the middle of the Y shape, I think my Y ends are too close together. I needed to modify that piece a bit to fit, but I think it came out clean enough. Might just be a matter of scale.

IMGP1395.jpg

IMGP1399.jpg

IMGP1401.jpg

And a preview: ;)

IMGP1402.jpg

bf109

Mar 13, 2009
amsterdam
well i think i speak for both your fans cmag (viraj and me ) that we love it :mrgreen:
( join the club look at cmags visitors messages and leave 1 behind sign1)

and great designing sidewinder :thumb:

C

cmags

McHale - Sidewinder already answered that question in the thread. He even gave an expected timeframe when he'll have it finished. Patience, Daniel-san. ;)

Back on topic, I've all but completed this bird, and it has been nearly perfect. There are a few pieces I've had to trim/adjust to fit, but that's pretty standard for any model - probably just a case of builder's error or scale/card thickness differences. Anywhere, here's the pics:

Completed ventral side:

IMGP1406.jpg

IMGP1410.jpg

Dorsal side:

IMGP1408.jpg

IMGP1411.jpg

Nearly complete:

IMGP1414.jpg

I did a dry-fit of the wings, and they look like they'll fit beautifully. After that its just a couple of the little details. I didn't realize it until printing it out - and you can't really get a feel for it in your pics SW and Paragon - but the bridge modules are TINY! Look:

IMGP1416.jpg

Should have this finished tonight. Plus stand. They'll be pics. Great job SW! This is really a design to be proud of - especially for your first! You're an inspiration - I think I've caught the design bug myself now. sign1 We shall see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.