Engine stopped working correctly.

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by jawharp1992, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jawharp1992

jawharp1992 Member

Hi. My favorite engine as seen in the picture has stopped working correctly as said in the post http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=28004 . I am very disapointed in this, because I don't have the $$$ to buy a new one:cry:. AAAHH! Could you guys help me find a decent engine for less than maybe around $125? I doesn't have to b fancy, just needs to go back, forth, neutral, and maybe have sound. I am so mad right now, though:curse:.

Oh, and to lighten the atmosphere around me right now, I'm adding a little comedy, too.

Attached Files:

2. Geno

Geno Member

One post is good enough- read the other post you made and you may have a locked -up PS1. Williams may be a better bet next time, as they're known for basic but reliable engines.

Geno
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

4. jawharp1992

jawharp1992 Member

5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

[FONT=&quot]There is nothing wrong with the Lionel, it is basically a small switcher and works great. If I were looking for a basic no frills diesel though my first choice would be Williams.[/FONT]
  6. jawharp1992

jawharp1992 Member

HEY!! GOOD NEWS! For some reason, the train just stopped running for a second, then went to it's normal mode of forwards and reverse! Yeeeeeeeeeee!:D Well, if you guys still have opinions on those engines, I'll be glad to listen to them!
  7. Geno

Geno Member

The locosounds (a.k.a. PS-1) have always had this glitch in the prgramming- aparently MTH never fixed it. If it happens again, just run the engine slowly, blow the horn, and then quickly increase the throttle. The engine should respond with a 'bell' or 'clank' sound and then return to normal (N-F-N-R). If it doesn't keep repeating until it does- the engine will eventually reset.

Geno
  8. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Easy to convert to TMCC and PS and no battery worries.