Engine problem

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

My RC10 is having a problem. When I go at a high RPM, the engine starts making a dying sound, and if I let go of the throttle, the engine will start up again, but if I keep on the throttle at a high RPM, then the engine will die. Whats going on??[xx(]
  2. redheat

redheat Member

When you say the motor sounds like its dying are you saying that it acts like its running out of gas ? If so it could be that the carb. is starving due to blockage, lean adjustment, is your plug in new condition? I would check carb. for leaks , h/s and l/s adjustments, can you remove the carb. and clean it?
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I leaned the carb. , that seemed to do the trick. Thanks
  4. cynical

cynical Member

you might have some dirt clogging up the nipple inlet take off the carb and run some wd40 threw it..
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I think its fixed, but it died after I started it up and was driving it around for like 20 seconds, maybe because it wasn't warmed up? It did'nt happen again but the ebgine seems a bit sluggish. So I dont know. Its all very overwhelming. And my dog died, I had to drop out of school, my dad lost his job, and my arthritus is killing me, NAH IM JUST KIDDING......JUST HAVING SOME FUN, I think I should shut up and go away now...
  6. jackal575

jackal575 Member

7. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

8. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Thanks. Now when I do full throttle, the engine hesistates, and it doesnt take off like it should. Could this be the batteries in the car?
  9. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

I doubt it's the batts, the only thing I could think of is that your rx battery isn't fully charged, or its drained and your servos can't react fast enough. It might be a good idea to check them though. Does the engine eventually take off? like you pull the throttle and it takes a long time for it to get up to speed?
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Well, when I pucnh the throttle, it takes a few seconds for it to even do anything, then it slowly starts building up speed.
  11. redheat

redheat Member

If your voltage drops below 4.8 volts your more than likely going to end up with a stuck servo. Whats your slipper set at? And what condition is your clutch in? As for your carb. looks to me like you should lean it out . What are your settings ?
  12. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Well, sadly I dont know what a slipper is, I'm just a beginner. Im going to take it to my hobby shop tomorrow. They are pretty nice and they fix it for free. But thanks anyway.
  13. redheat

redheat Member

You no what the spur gear is the big gear, in the center is a nut and spring if the nut is flush then tighten it one full turn the more you do that the more tracktion youll get.
  14. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Ya I know what it is, I just replaced it. Ill try tightening it. thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.