Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Herc Driver said:
Nice diesel Deano! I too bought some Athearn's recently (SD70 series). They have some nice detailing even in Nscale...but pull a bit weakly. Overall though a good value for the money IMHO.
THANK YOU!, Herc:D i have an HO Athearn SD70M, NICE engines:thumb: . Herc, not familiar with the Athearn N scale SD70's, are they just the SD70M's, or phase2-3's? THANKS! :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WOW!!!:eek: THANK YOU, Thoroughbreed!:thumb: , NICE pics!!:thumb: :D the UP 2000 series SD45T-2's are "late" model series(lights in the hood), the UP 4000 series are "earlier" models;) . i can use these to "help" detail my #4890 up, THANKS!:thumb: :D -Deano

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano,
51 engines!jawdrop................50 more and I'll have as many as youtrain97:thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Nazgul said:
Deano,
51 engines!jawdrop................50 more and I'll have as many as youtrain97:thumb:
sign1 BUT WAIT...thats NOT ALL, this weekend there is a train show up in Monroe WI, and you can bet I'll BE THERE!:D I'm looking for the P2K UP GP20, a Rio Grande SD40T-2/SD45T-2(with speed letters), to patch for UP, and a couple of ANYTHING CNW, SD40-2 up to AC4400's to patch for UP:thumb::D. I'm STRONGLY thinking 51 will be a thing of the past come this weekend;) tooth1 . you can darn sure bet i WILL post what i get:thumb: . OH YA, i guess i should pick up a couple cars too:rolleyes: :D .:D -Deano View attachment 30038

Attachments

• 1021.JPG
    1021.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 162

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
well folks, its about 1:00AM, and the FIRST show in my area starts TODAY!!!:thumb: I CANT WAIT!!:D I'll let you guys know how it went tonight;) . i worked on an SD45 i have had for about a year tonight:D, NOT finished with it, but heres a pic of the progress i made on it tonight:thumb: . till later tonight...stay on track.:D -Deano View attachment 30110

Attachments

• DSC06766.JPG
    DSC06766.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 131

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
You guys better come home with something so the rest of us can live vicariously through your adventures! (And post the pictures) Having a train show close to home - now that's living!

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Alright! I made some S-C-O-R-E-S today!!!

Top of the list, The MDC Harriman Atlantic I've wanted forever...built, new can motor, SP.... $40(!)

Second, a rivarossi 0-6-0T runs (I think) ok. tested it ant seemed ok. Like it's looks!

4-5 reefers, various roadnames

4-5 boxcars various roadnames

War emergency hopper

old Athearn Gondola with those wierd canisters

OLD wood station (ATSF prototype) looks scratchbuilt

MDC Drover caboose, SP.

two trucks, one is CMW! I traded a bowser car for the two trucks.

and other stuff, pictures to come! :)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
That looks great Deano, and the weathering looks so real!!!:thumb: :thumb:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Josh!!!:D i put ALOT of time into that SD45, FADING all the paint out, washing out all the lettering, trying to achieve rust and grime on the bottom of the hoods, creating the grime around the vents on and around the roof, and weathering it ;) . glad YOU liked it!:D THANKS Josh!:D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
UP SD40-2 said:
glad YOU liked it!:D

I don't think there has ever been something that you have done that I didn't like!!:thumb: :thumb:

My grandpa brought home a Micro Mark DVD on weathering. It's called "Easy Weathering Techniques" by The Track Side Modeler. They used the same method that you taught us in one of there tutorials in the DVD. I also learned how to use chalks and how to dry brush.bounce7 I am really looking forward to adding chalk dust to the cars. First you are supposed to use chalks, then the technique that you taught us, then you drybrush, and then seel it with dull cote.

I was searching for custom weathered train cars on e-bay and I noticed that they seel for big bucks. goldtoth1 :p I think that I am going to start buying un-weathered models and weathering them and then selling them. I could make some easy money, I just have to practice on a few old cruddy cars first and see how they come out.:thumb: :D

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Great Day At The Show!!!

well folks, sure had a GREAT DAY at the show today!:thumb::D there wasn't to many layout displays though:( , but there was a TON of vender's!:thumb: my spending didn't go quite like i planned, only picked up two engines:eek:ops: , AND 13 FREIGHT CARS!:thumb: i know, i know, hard to believe isn't ittooth1 . stupid ME:rolleyes: , seen two NICE used UP SW's, and passed on them hoping they would be there when i got back:rolleyes: , after ALL these years, you would think i would learn:rolleyes::cry:. SO, i missed two engines:( , OH WELL, there will be more shows:D . **this show wasn't much for "modern" engines, had a few "older" units, but i kinda hate to get many more "older" type engines then i already have, since i am modeling "modern" UP:D . **FOR ME, general rule of thumb is to get 6 axle units, what can i say, i like SD's:thumb: , but i seen a GP60 I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT!!:D I also picked up an SD45T-2 SP:thumb:(DON'T get to happy Miles, i got it to patch for UP:D ). **THE freight cars i bought are all kits, accurail, roundhouse, athearn BB, etc. i will post them after i build them. **I TALKED to a guy about putting on rust, he had some AWESOME rust jobs on his stuff:thumb: , he let me in on how he done it. since i was NEVER that good on doing rust, after talking to him, i think i will try it again:D . i brought dads compressor over so i could use my airbrush this weekend, i will post how the rust job come out after i "attempt" to do one this weekend;)tooth1. **below are the two engines i bought today, right out of the box(that makes 53 engines!:D ) . THANKS! :D -Deano View attachment 30167 View attachment 30168

Attachments

• UPGP60.JPG
    UPGP60.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 105
  • SPTM.JPG
    SPTM.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 98

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
53 Engines and climbing!!!!

I like that SP SD45T-2. :thumb: :thumb:

Now all it needs is a UP Patch and some of that nice weathering.

Hope you have fun with the rust effects, as I said above, im going to do rust with chalks before I figure out how to master the airbrush.:D :)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
THANKS JOSH!:D i think that was VERY COOL of your grandpa to get that DVD for you:thumb: . as determined as you are, i AM SURE you will master weathering:thumb: , practice DOES make perfect;). i wish you the best of luck Josh:thumb::D. THANKS! :D -Deano

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Deano, the weathering on the SD45 looks great! Thought you didn't touch the upper half though.

Nice finds at the showthere. I really like the GP60, but I do like the SP paint jobs too

Status
Not open for further replies.