Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Thanks Guys!

Gary, Dennis and Bob:wave:, GLAD to have you guys stop in for the "layout tour":thumb: , and THANK YOU!!, for the GREAT comments!:D Bob, I have put ALOT of work into that E9, its one of my most prized engines:thumb: ,THANKS!:D **Tom:wave:, NICE SW10 pic!:thumb: **Herc:wave:, THANK YOU!, for the complements!!!:D IC&E actually DOES stop at a little restaurant that sits right next to the tracks here in Beloit for lunch sometimes;) , thats how i got the idea:thumb: . not sure if they leave it running or not. **Josh:wave:, THANK YOU!:D , i thought YOU would like the coalporters:thumb: . **Kurt:wave:, WOW!:D i would like to THANK YOU!, not only for the kind words on the tour:D , but for the comment on my threads, that just makes it worth doing them;):D . THANKS!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
Is you diner the City Classics, or the Walther's Version? I got the Walther's one for my birthday! :thumb: Hopefully you'll see it completed someday! :)
Miles, the Diner on my layout at home is a city classics, NOT as good as the cornerstone(Walthers) Diner;) . the details and quality is a 100x better in cornerstone models, as opposed to the city classics, just my opinion;) . here is a pic of the cornerstone Diner i have put on dads layout:thumb: :D -Deano View attachment 29639

Attachments

• 2401370-R1-032-14A.JPG
    2401370-R1-032-14A.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 239

cn nutbar

hi dean---great thread---at this pace,i got a feeling you may surpass your last thread---you sure have an impressive collection from uncle pete's stables---keep them rolling---nutbar

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
I just found this site, full of amazing weathered rolling stock, and I found a challenger to your challenger! http://rides.webshots.com/photo/288541251/1418170687056314833afJoZf

Also, Look here! Nice boxcar, but what's happening in he backround...? http://rides.webshots.com/photo/288541251/1470245245056314833dSHJLN
sign1 Miles, i know "bullrock2004", he goes by the name "Aggro Jones" on the Kalembach forums:D . i was a regular there about 2-3yrs ago, and conversed with him MANY times;) . he is a FIRST CLASS modeler, and is BIG on SP:thumb: . last i knew he was selling weathered cars of his on EBAY. Hey miles, THANKS for the pics of the SW10!!!:thumb: :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

cn nutbar said:
hi dean---great thread---at this pace,i got a feeling you may surpass your last thread---you sure have an impressive collection from uncle pete's stables---keep them rolling---nutbar
THANKS nutbar!!!:D its that time of the year again, TRAIN SHOW TIME!:thumb: the first show is at the end of the month, i have a feeling the collection WILL GROW;):D -Deano

cnw1961

Must have been a hard decision, which photo to take for the tour. Great Pics, especially the third one. BTW, how long did it take to arrange all the scenes and to take the pictures? I think, you must have spent some hours doing it.

UP SD40-2

cnw1961 said:
Must have been a hard decision, which photo to take for the tour. Great Pics, especially the third one. BTW, how long did it take to arrange all the scenes and to take the pictures? I think, you must have spent some hours doing it.
THANKS Kurt!!!:D actually, 98% of the scenes in the "layout tour" were NOT set up for the tour;), they are EXACTLY how they are on my layout:D . in the four pics i just posted, that DID NOT make the tour, the 2nd and 4th pics were changed slightly. nothing on the Diner was changed except for "Ed & Fred" walking from the engine. Nothing in any of the Tri-Star industries pics that made the tour was changed, and nothing in the United Transfer pics that did make the tour was changed;) . however, i took a ton of pics, and had to choose the ones i thought best to post:thumb:, and resize them to fit this forum. my camera takes pics at 2megs in size, i have to reduce each pic to less then 68KB to upload it to this thread. that did take time to do, and takes away from the quality of the pics:( . i would say it took about 4 hours to do the layout tour:thumb: . after reading the VERY KIND words you , and others wrote, and seeing "new to this thread" people commenting on it, for me, that was 4 hours VERY WELL SPENT:thumb: :D. Kurt, as ALWAYS, THANK YOU!, for your interest:thumb: :D -Deano

MilesWestern

I just have to day this... YOU'RE BETTER THAN A MODELING MAGAZINE! :bounce7:
MORE HELPFUL ARTICLES! (like the weathering demo!)

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
I just have to day this... YOU'RE BETTER THAN A MODELING MAGAZINE! :bounce7:
MORE HELPFUL ARTICLES! (like the weathering demo!)
MILES!:wave::D, THANKS man! YOU are, and have ALWAYS been VERY KIND, thank you!:D **look folks, i see myself as a MEDIOCRE modeler at best, and i am OK with that:D. i am REALLY into trains, and find GREAT enjoyment talking about prototypes, and modeling:thumb: . i am an expert at NOTHING in this hobby, but love to do it, and REALLY love to try and help those out that i can, in ANY way i can;). the tutorials i have done are VERY basic, and i do them to show people that ANYONE, can do these things without having a high skill level in decoders/sound decoders, weathering, or ANYTHING i have done a tutorial on;). the things i post on this thread are meant for, and done for, those of you that not only contribute to this thread, but for those that just follow it too:thumb: . i consider all of you as friends, and am more then happy to share what works for me with you:thumb: . THIS is why i DO NOT post my tutorials outside of my thread;) . there are those of you thats modeling skills WAY SURPASS mine(you folks know who you are), and come on this thread and give not only their advice, but kind words of encouragement to help others, and i:thumb: . I THANK YOU GUYS FOR THAT!:thumb: :D . announce1 Miles, i THANK YOU, for the complement:D , but i truly think it is ANYONE that contributes to this thread, that makes it "Better then a modeling magazine":thumb: :D . THANKS!, and till next time folks...stay on track. :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

BTW, Miles, i DO have ANOTHER tutorial up my sleeve i will have up by Sunday night:thumb:. NOT an earth shaking, FANTASTICALLY GREAT tutorialsign1 , so DONT hope i am going to knock your socks offtooth1 , but i hope some of you find it useful:thumb: . :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

TruckLover said:
YEAH :D :) ANOTHER AWSOME TUTORIAL, What's it on??
now, now Josh, DONT go getting excited;) . please read the post above yours, awesome, IS NOT a word i would use to describe the tutorial, or really, its just a helpfull hint;) . WHAT is it on? you'll just have to wait and seetooth1 -Deano

cnw1961

It will surely be something interesting. I am sorry that I will miss it. We are going on our holiday to France tomorrow, so this is my last post for the next three weeks. Deano, go slow on your thread, or it will be too difficult to catch up when I am back sign1 . Bye. :wave: :wave:

UP SD40-2

LAST POST FOR 3 WEEKS!!!:eek: OH NO!:( Kurt, have fun on your vacation:thumb: , and YOU will be missed on this thread;) . oh, and Kurt...stay on track man:thumb: . :D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.