Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Deano
That car is one of your best (if not THE best)!!!
I scrolled down the page and thought that it was the prototype that you were going to copy:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Truly outstanding work:thumb:
Enjoy your days off my friend:wave:

hobokid

thebull
i dont know where else to post this but heres my first weathering job please dont laugh, :)
vyo078.jpg

UP SD40-2

N Gauger & Steve, THANKS!, so much!!:D VERY kind of you:D. Hobokid:wave:, the pics kinda blurry, but from what i can see...IT LOOKS GREAT!!!:thumb: THANK YOU for posting it!!!:thumb:. :D -Deano

viperman

Awesome weathering there Deano!

Hobokid, that looks good for a first try! I still haven't even attempted weathering yet myself

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hey, Hobokid, from what I can see in the pic, it looks like one heck of a rusty hopper.:D :D :thumb: Great first attempt.

UP SD40-2

The Milwaukee Show...TODAY!

WELL FOLKS, made it back from the BIG Milwaukee show today!:thumb: MANY AWESOME BUYS!!!:thumb: this years show was AWESOME!, MANY VENDORS:thumb:, and more layouts then i can remember seeing there EVER!:thumb: dad and i had a GREAT time:thumb:. dad picked up 2 engines,
1- a WSOR GP38, the memorial one. i have a few pics of it, it is usually at the round house in Janesville.
2- remember i told you guys that dad has his layout set up for CNW & the Milwaukee Road during the transition era, and that dad DOES NOT care what he runs, well, he got a NEW Amtrak engine to go with the NEW style Amtrak cars he has had for about 8yrs.
dad also got a pond base, so we could put a pond on his layout:thumb:.

NOW FOR MY LIST:thumb:
OH CRIPES folks, and what a list it is:thumb:. i have 10 items i have took pics of, this is why it will take 2 posts to cover it all;). items i picked up that i didn't take pics of were, 6 packs of #5 Kadee couplers, 1 digitrax sound decoder(for my NEW PIONEER ZEPHYR!), 2 MRC Brillance sound decoders, and 1 LokSound decoder:thumb:. one thing i want to mention, ALL items are RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. i haven't put ANYTHING together, detailed it, or weathered any of it yet, hey, i just got home;)tooth1.

OK, THE TEN BIG ITEMS I GOT TODAY!
1. a UP PA
2. a UP S3
3. the WSOR SD40-2 25th anniversary engine, i have taken MANY pics of this engine at the WSOR roundhouse in Janesville. i bought dad one of these for fathers day, and wanted one ever since. will go GREAT with my WSOR SD40-2 #4008 TOO!:thumb:
4. THE PIONEER ZEPHYR!!! i have ALWAYS wanted one of these, i have seen the REAL one in Chicago 4 times!:thumb:
5. WHAT THE...? how the heck did a dog gone NP F7A get in here? i must have been INSANE when i bought this:confused: . NOT that i hate NP mind you, but i would NEVER model NP, better paint it;)tooth1.
6. a UP flat car w/load
7. a 60' HC Railbox
8. a semi w/container, i have wanted one of these for awhile.
9. a fuel truck, have a plan for a GREAT scene with this!:thumb:
10. a 10,000 gal tanker to make my modern UP tender with;). i have the paint and decals to do this one up:thumb:, look for it in a future post;). View attachment 31934 View attachment 31935 View attachment 31936 View attachment 31937 View attachment 31938

Attachments

• sh1.JPG
    sh1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 115
  • sh2.JPG
    sh2.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 111
  • sh3.JPG
    sh3.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 118
  • sh4.JPG
    sh4.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 110
  • sh5.JPG
    sh5.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 111

AndyWS

UP SD40-2 said:
3. the WSOR SD40-2 25th anniversary engine, i have taken MANY pics of this engine at the WSOR roundhouse in Janesville. i bought dad one of these for fathers day, and wanted one ever since. will go GREAT with my WSOR #4008 TOO!:thumb:
View attachment 31936

I want me one of those! Who makes it, and how long are they going to be making it?

UP SD40-2

AndyWS said:
I want me one of those! Who makes it, and how long are they going to be making it?
Andy:wave:, that engine is an Athearn RTR, they have been out for over a year, not sure how much longer they will be made. to be honest with you, the engine looks AWESOME, but takes A LOT OF POWER to get it to move, it DOES crawl though:thumb:. when i converted dads to DCC, it ran TONS better:thumb:. i am putting LokSound in mine tonight;). :D -Deano

Nazgul

Deano
What a haul!!!!!!!!.........and I never even got past the 5th pic.........
I wonder why:D :D ;)

Enjoy!:thumb: :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Steve, don't get attached to that NP F7, she's going to the UP paint shop here at the Rock Valley Subtooth1 .

Josh, you came to mind as i was looking over those trucks at the show. i thought you would have something to say about them:D.

Gus, you are 100% correct!:D, we DID have a GREAT time!:thumb::D

BELOW: UP's Rock Valley Sub's SD90/43MAC & ES44AC on a unit coal train:thumb:.
:D -Deano View attachment 31981 View attachment 31982 View attachment 31983

Attachments

• DSC09838.JPG
    DSC09838.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC09895.JPG
    DSC09895.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC09847.JPG
    DSC09847.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 102

doctorwayne

Nice photos, Dean.:thumb: :thumb: I particularily like those last three: the trees and terrain look really good, and the bare branches are a nice touch. Looks to me like the diorama is a winner!:)

Wayne

viperman

I have to agree with Wayne there. The scenery in the last 3 is jus fabulous! Can't wait to see what other ideas you come up with for the diorama

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
hobokid said:
thanks guys, i hope one day to be the master of rust:):):)

practice, practice, and some more practice, never give up on it, I too have just learned to weather, well a few months ago, but I am still learning new things about how to do it.

Deano, great pictures, love the UP's Rock Valley Sub's SD90/43MAC & ES4400AC w/the coal train pics.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.