Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoudMusic

TruckLover said:
Ok, my-bad:eek:ops: , I was going to but I was on my way out the door to the Skate Compotion at the skate park (it was soooo fun)

Hold on, this may take a few mins, it was in the old thread!!:eek:

**EDIT**

Found it!!

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=19717&page=11

Towards the bottom, I counted I think 30 but Deano has upwards of 50 now so the pic is a little outdated!!

For future reference it's possible to link directly to a post.

http://www.the-gauge.com/showpost.php?p=201652&postcount=162

The number in the upper right corner of the post's box is also a link just to that post.

Wwweeeeeeeeeee :)

MilesWestern

Ahh...The memories! I absolutely LOVED your first thread! I've noticed a lack of:

-Historic Photos, like that one with the CNW trainmaster!
-overall fleet shots (you came close though today, Fantastic work!)
-and Tutorials.

Keep up that good work, and expect to see more in the future!

Nazgul

Josh
now I know how you got to over 1000 posts so fast....
By helpin' poor ol' slobs like myself.:D Thank you sir!:thumb: :thumb:

UP SD40-2

You Wanted it, You Got It...

OK Folks, you wanted a NEW group photo, YOU GOT IT!!!:thumb: and YES, they ALL said "cheese", hey, I'm from Wisconsin, what did you expecttooth1 . announce1 HERE is my ENTIRE UP collection!:thumb:...well, almost:eek:ops:. as those that follow this thread know, i keep my big steam at dads, as well, lets face it, my layout is too small to run MY MIGHTY MONSTERS OF THE WASATCHtooth1. i DID however, include pics of my steamers on my layout:thumb:. i have one of my Challengers home for the weekend for repairs, a wire had moved onto one of the speakers and made a buzzing sound, took the tender apart today and moved the wire, sounds GREAT NOW!:thumb:. with my NEWEST(really my first engine i EVER got)engine, i now have a total of 56 ENGINES!!:eek::D. 40 of them are my UP fleet:thumb: . the others, NOT PICTURED, are my transition era CNW engines, Milwaukee Road, GBW, WSOR, and my FIRST engine i EVER HAD:thumb: . those total at 16 units:D, and can ALL be found in my old thread;). **announce1 OK, 1st pic, ALL but 3 of my UP engines:thumb: . 2nd pic, BOTH my Challengers(one is in the group shot too). 3rd pic, my Big Boy:thumb: , and last, but most certainly NOT least, 4th pic, my F-E-F UP class 3 Northern:thumb: . THANKS! :D -Deano View attachment 31205 View attachment 31206 View attachment 31207 View attachment 31208

Attachments

• roust1.JPG
    roust1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 71
  • roust2.JPG
    roust2.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 68
  • roust3.JPG
    roust3.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 71
  • roust4.JPG
    roust4.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 67

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
Ahh...The memories! I absolutely LOVED your first thread! I've noticed a lack of:

-Historic Photos, like that one with the CNW trainmaster!
-overall fleet shots (you came close though today, Fantastic work!)
-and Tutorials.

Keep up that good work, and expect to see more in the future!
Miles:wave:, i THANK YOU, for bringing this up:thumb:. i LOVE to talk RR history, and post pics from my archives:thumb: , PROBLEM, all i have knowledge in is UP, CNW, and some Milwaukee Road, GBW, and WSOR;) . i don't mention much about it because i felt not many here would have interest in those roads:( . look around here, MOST of the people on here are into Canadian roads, or eastern roads, witch i think IS GREAT!!!:thumb: BUT sadly, i don't know much ANYTHING about those roads to share:(. what i know, is info on the roads i have mentioned, and would love to pass on what i know, if interest was there;). LIKE WISE, i am ALWAYS open to learn history, and things about OTHER roads too!:thumb: but if no one mentions it, nothing will ever be said, right? **announce1 as far as the pics goes, i LOVE to take shots of my stuff, and have LOADS i have never posted, but hey, my layout is only 8'x30'', and i figured MANY of you would get tired of seeing a lot of the same areas, thats why i don't post many pics now. AGAIN, if interest is there, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO!:thumb: **announce1 AS far as the tutorials go, thats another story:rolleyes: . after the flack i had got on my "weathering" tutorial:rolleyes:(ask poor Josh about that:( ), SORRY MAN, my tutorial days ARE DONE;). **Miles, you have been with my threads from the start(THANKS!:D ), so I AM glad you brought this up, and I WILL, take(most)YOUR advice:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano

MilesWestern

I'm all for some more wisconsin road stuff, as I may live up there someday! ;) I would love to see more of your layout! perhaps you could changebuildings from time to time, or something to make this an endless project? new scenery? A new backdrop perhaps? Just wondering the potental of your 8X30" space! You couls even make another section, above the first perhaps?! Just thinkin out loud...you don't have to implement any of this but it wouldn't hurt, would it?

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
I'm all for some more wisconsin road stuff, as I may live up there someday! ;)
THANK YOU!, Miles:D , YOU are to kind:thumb: . tell ya what I'll do, every week i will do a history/info post on roads i know;) . perhaps some others might find it interesting. THANKS Miles!:D :D -Deano

Nazgul

Deano
ALL of your points are well taken;) I won't get into my feelings about tutorials and (sometimes) offering advice...you summed it up quite nicely
However, I don't think anyone who reads this thread and participates is ever tired of seeing your pics!:thumb: POST POST POST!!!!:) IF YOU want a little variety put a different back drop in there and shoot away! This is the BEST thread on The Gauge and just it's sheer # of replies and views proves that!:thumb: :thumb: .....Now how 'bout a history lesson?:D

doctorwayne

I'm with everybody else, Dean, keep those pictures coming, and the historical stuff, too.:thumb: And of course, pictures of your Dad's layout are always enjoyable.

Wayne

viperman

Count me in along with these last few guys before me! I would really like some of the UP and CNW history, seeing as how close I am to their lines

cnw1961

I back the guys who posted before me. I promise not to get bored by pics of your layout :wave: . And a lesson in history can never be a fault.

Herc Driver

Don't make me get the boys together and airdrop something on your house...you better keep the pictures, tutorials, info, etc coming. (Just kidding about the airdrop stuff in case big brother is reading.)

Seriously, as a novice/newbie/RR informationally challanged I really enjoy reading and learning from the great posters of this forum. The work I've seen here on your thread and many others is great and inspiring! My layout has made strides because of the information I glean from this forum. Keep it coming!

BTW...that was a great family tree shot of all the diesels.

viperman

DSCN5847_Big-Boy_on_Bancroft_St.jpg.59221.jpg

doctorwayne

I notice that the tender has been separated from the locomotive, probably on some 18" radius curve.:D
Neat picture, viperman, what's the story behind it?

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.