Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

BTW Herc, i give you TONS of credit for doing the power lines!, LOOKS GREAT!!:thumb::thumb: i tried doing that on a previous layout, didn't work out for me:( , i kept knocking the lines and poles off cleaning the track:eek:ops: , so i ended up taking the lines down:eek:ops::(. yea, I'm a klutz...tooth1 -Deano

UP SD40-2

Herc!:wave:, FIRST OFF, DON'T worry about hijacking my thread:thumb: , there is ALWAYS room on here for the GREAT WORK YOU DO!!:thumb::D . BTW, there you go, just twisting the knife in my side againsign1 , you KNOW i LOVE that phase 3 SD70MAC you have:thumb: . i CANT WAIT till they come out in HO!!:D announce1 I am PLEASED with the weathering you have done to it!!:thumb: LOOKS GREAT!!!:D VERY NICE scenery too!:D THANKS HERC!:D -Deano

MilesWestern

Right, Deano's patented UP sensitivity training class! Sign up now, classes fill up fast! :D

I was (and still is) a happy customer! "I was a die-hard SP fan, and hated UP for gobbling them up. Now Deano has changed my views, and heck, I may put my last UP engine back ito local service because of the altered views. I have to respect Deano for doing such good work, I didn't care what roadname it was! Still miss the espee though, that will never change. :( A upee yellow smile goes out to deano and his sensitivity training program! :) " Good job! :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hey, Deano and Tom, Thanks for the help.:thumb: :D Deano, Ill post some pics when I get them done, hopefully soon!!:D :D

As for the UP and BNSF thing I think that I like both just the same now. Before I joined this forum, I only liked BNSF and CSX. Now I can say that I like UP and CNW too because of Deano's threads and the great pictures here on the Gauge.

Deano, Here is a picture for ya, My new UP Dash 9 leading the BNSF Dash 8

BTW, Those are awsome pictures Herc!!

Attachments

• DSC02310.JPG
    DSC02310.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 75

viperman

As far as the SD70MACs go, who all is going to be building them? I want a couple of those UP heritage units, but can't afford Tower 55

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Man, I know the Tower 55 ones are expensive but I don't think that anyone else is making them but I could be wrong. The Tower 55 ones are just packed with so much detail and Deano said that they reqiure very little added detail to them, Plus them come DCC equiped and youcan add sound for like $40 more if you get the Explorer version. Just my thoughts

UP SD40-2

Miles, THANK YOU!:D , as ALWAYS, YOU are TO KIND!;):D **Josh, NICE PIC!!!:thumb: i REALLY like how you did the cones along the road, and that Roadway semi looks GREAT!!:thumb: THANKS!:D **Steven, Athearn is coming out with the phase 3 SD70MAC's around December!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: I CANT WAIT!!!:D as far as the "Heritage" units go, they are the NEW SD70MACe's, A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENGINE then the phase 3 SD70MAC;) . as it stands RIGHT NOW, if you want a SD70MACe, the ONLY ONE making them is Tower55(i have already preordered one:thumb:) . THANKS!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Day at Dads & A Weathering...

Well folks, didn't get much anything done at dads today. we spent about 2 and a half hours in the garage looking through TONS of boxes for the statue to put in the park on the edge of town:eek:ops: . WE FOUND IT!:thumb: figured out about where we wanted to place it, planned on how to do the sidewalk in the park, park benches, trees, and hedges. DIDN'T do ANY of it:rolleyes: , but did figure out how it will be done:thumb: . we were going to start ballasting, but dad started running his CNW RS-27(with QSI), and i gave my Challengers, and Big Boy some running time:thumb::D . needless to say, NO ballasting was done:eek:ops: , but we had a blast running:thumb: . called it an early night, and came home. i have just ordered the hedges and park benches for dads layout, along with some engine detailing parts for me from Walther's. i felt the urge to weather something, so i took out my GBW caboose and done it up:D . announce1 FIRST PIC: the future home of the town park, with the statue in it. the tree IS NOT the tree going in there, just was using it to figure out the placement of the trees. SECOND PIC, the GBW caboose unweathered. LAST PICS, the finished caboose.:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30899 View attachment 30900 View attachment 30901 View attachment 30902

Attachments

• FUTURE PARK.JPG
    FUTURE PARK.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 60
  • CAB01.JPG
    CAB01.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 68
  • CAB02.JPG
    CAB02.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 67
  • CAB03.JPG
    CAB03.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 62

UP SD40-2

Attachments

• GBW01.JPG
    GBW01.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 62
  • GBW02.JPG
    GBW02.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 63
  • GBW03.JPG
    GBW03.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 62
  • GBW04.JPG
    GBW04.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 60

viperman

Deano, thank you for clearing that up with the engines. Guess I'll be waiting for another while yet before I can get a heritage. Oh well.
That corner of Dad's layout looks good. What is that statue? Look forward to seeing more pics of that park as it progresses.
That caboose looks nice! Not too weathered, but enough to see it. And that loco - talk about a long hood!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Deano, Your that park on your dad's layout is look awsome. I like that statue and think that is a perfect spot for it. Great job you guys:thumb: :thumb:

WOW,:) thanks Deano for those pictures you posted of the GBW stuff. I plan on getting more rail cars with the GBW name on it in the future.:D :D And that long hood is sooooooooo long,:eek: :eek: I like it!!:D :D Your caboose you weatherd looks great and even thought I don't have any cabooses on my layout and don't plan to get any, I would love to have one like that:thumb: :thumb: Thanks again Deano for the advise on the backdrops in your pm and thanksfor those pics above:thumb: :D :thumb:

BTW, check out my new Avatar. It is a Tower 55 UP ES44AC. I was looking at the pictures on there web site for like the 100th time and thought it was time to change the old avatarfrom CNW to UP. Next up will be a BNSF!!:D :D

UP SD40-2

viperman said:
...And that loco - talk about a long hood!
THANKS Josh!:D hey, BNSF had the ES44DC's i see them at shows for around $210.00. NICE avatar you got there:thumb: . **Steven, THANKS!!:D That RSD-15 IS AWESOME! i did a write up on that engine in my old thread, but that Alco is so cool, I'll recap it. the engine i have the model of is at IRM in Union ILL. i have took pics of it, they are below:thumb: . i hope you guys can read the info board i took a pic of, GREAT facts on there. couple things they DON'T tell you, GBW was an ALL Alco RR:thumb: , thats right, the ONLY engines they had were Alco's!!:thumb: They bought the RSD-15's with big hopes for BIG hauls, sadly, those engines were so wore out from coal drags, they seldom used them, and when they were used, it was for small runs:( . my son and i have been in the cab of #2407:thumb: , though for the last couple years they have not let anyone in it:cry:. the model i have of #2407 is a BLI GBW RSD-15 with QSI:thumb: , runs AND sounds AWESOME!!:D . THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30963 View attachment 30964 View attachment 30965 View attachment 30966

Attachments

• sign.JPG
    sign.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 105
  • irm alco.JPG
    irm alco.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC08494.JPG
    DSC08494.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC08497.JPG
    DSC08497.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 114

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
I've been really aching to get a Tower 55 unit. I'm thinking either a CSX SD70ACe, or probably the ES44DC, as that one runs through NJ more often from what i've seen. Then again, just because i have the money for it doesn't mean its worth my while... I really need to get more scenery and stuff done.

Nazgul

ballast............run trains.............ballast...........run trains............ballast..........run trains
....................................RUNNING TRAINS WINS!........again:D

Deano
Don't feel bad, you delivered and set in place a statue to the town park, used your considerable skills as a Landscape Architect to design a plan for the placement of sidewalks, trees, shrubs, hedges etc that would be not only functional but aesthetically pleasing to all of the varied tastes of the townspeople. And on top of that....you kept the trains running on time.......what more could you have possibly done?...You're only human:D

viperman

One of these days, I'll make it to Union. Not like its far (only about a 15 min drive from me on back roads). Been YEARS since I've gone there.

Status
Not open for further replies.