Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Dean, you are a real professional when it comes to detailing and this SP SD45T-2 is your masterpiece. Great job. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Wayne, it’s a miracle. The internet must be a whole new world to you with the red component of your monitor :D . Hope it lasts.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
g_e_c, THANKS!!!:D **Wayne, sorry to hear your power went out:( , but GLAD that old steam powered monitor of yours is working GREAT now!:thumb::D . THANK YOU for the VERY KIND words:D , that means a lot to me:D . **Kurt, THANK YOU so much for the GREAT complement:D !. THANKS GUYS!, GLAD you popped in:thumb: :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Engine #9 Finished

OK folks, please bear with me, i am trying to finish all my patched engines up to get them out of the way:thumb: . if you guys are put off by this engine, DON'T pop in tomorrow, the next one will put you on the floor:eek:;) . i do have two others, but those will have VERY little done to them, i don't want all of them to be in such bad shape:thumb:. announce1**OK, enough ramblingtooth1 , THIS engine is an Athearn BB CNW SD40-2:thumb: , heres what i have done; installed an MRC 370AD sound decoder, 11 decals, sunshades, coupler cut bars, hoses, low mount MU socket, MU holder, painted safety white on the railings, and weathered the WHOLE engine:thumb:(still have to put in the number boards:eek:ops:) . ** FIRST PIC, out of the box. **second pic, ONE of a FEW prototype pics i used to make this engine up. didn't want to get as extreme as this pic, but is an example of how far i could have went, and still been prototypical. **REST of the pics are the engine finished:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30630 View attachment 30631 View attachment 30632 View attachment 30633 View attachment 30634

Attachments

• cnw401.JPG
    cnw401.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 93
  • cnw402.JPG
    cnw402.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 94
  • cnw403.JPG
    cnw403.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 91
  • cnw404.JPG
    cnw404.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 98
  • cnw405.JPG
    cnw405.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 92

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Looks nice Deano! Did a good jon on the weathering too. Those SD40 series engines sure seem to get dirty very easy! Should see the one I've seen on the UP lines at work a few times

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Really nice weathering, Dean. When you have seen one sd40-2, you've seen them all, not counting the Canadian versions with the Canadian safety cabs. What sets one sd40-2 model apart from another one is the weathering!

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
You actually weathered (so it's visible...) an engine!!! Great job there. I don't see the brake (??) wheel on your model that's in the nose of the prototype. What gives?? :thumb:

Gus (LC&P).

AFT4449

Oct 5, 2006
South Central Wisconsin
steamhead said:
You actually weathered (so it's visible...) an engine!!! Great job there. I don't see the brake (??) wheel on your model that's in the nose of the prototype. What gives?? :thumb:

Gus (LC&P).

Or the nose bell, a DEAD giveaway for Northwestern dash 2's. BTW hello from another Wisconinite. a Sheesehead of sorts.-:rolleyes: Dianne

AFT4449

Oct 5, 2006
South Central Wisconsin
viperman said:
Dianne and Deano, where abouts in WI are yall? I'm in Crystal Lake, IL, which isn't too far south of the border, between 47 and 12

:wave: I'm about 4 miles southeast of Argyle, WI. Cheesehead country!! Isn't Crytal lake where the Northwestern, now metra or whatever, used to park their commuter trains?-Dianne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
steamhead said:

Gus (LC&P).
Steven, Chessie6459, Russ, Herc, Gus and Josh, THANK YOU!!:D , for the GREAT complements!:D **Dianne:wave:WECOME TO THE GAUGE!!:thumb::D i am HONORED that you have popped in on this thread:D . so you are from Argyle, my dads from Wiota, and my uncle lives between Argyle and Wiota:thumb: . **Gus & Dianne, both of you are correct, the CNW i did IS NOT real prototypical:( . the engine i used is an Athearn BB, and they ARE real generic. i know it seems like i am a rivet counter at times:eek:ops: , but a rivet counter I AM NOT:D. i am a mediocre modeler at best, and i just find GREAT FUN in detailing up engines to a certain degree;)tooth1. to me, its ALL just for the fun of it:thumb::D. **Gus, i have completely weathered 6(out of 55)engines:thumb::D . i think i have posted this pic, but here is one of my more recent ones:thumb: . THANKS FOLKS!!!:D -Deano View attachment 30662

Attachments

• sd4501.JPG
    sd4501.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 101

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Engine #10 Finished

OK FOLKS, 10 down, and just 45 to go!:D getting close to the end of my patched units:thumb: . this one is an Athearn SP SD45T-2. I have weathered this one a little "heavy", and will be the LAST all over weathering on my patched units. i posted this engines "out of the box" pic earlier in this thread, so i am not going to double post it here. i am also NOT going to post a proto pic of one of these, as i went off a few pics to do this one, and completely matched NONE of them;). i done this one up just for the fun of it:thumb: . announce1 HERES what i did, installed an MRC Brillance sound decoder, AC unit, UP type plow, coupler cut bars, MU socket, MU holder, hoses, 8 decals, some paint work, and weathered the WHOLE engine:thumb: . in some pics the patch looks a little bright, thats just the lighting;) . DOH!, i still have to put the number boards on it:eek:ops:tooth1, oh well, here it is:D . THANKS!, :D -Deano View attachment 30665 View attachment 30666 View attachment 30667 View attachment 30668 View attachment 30669

Attachments

• sp11.JPG
    sp11.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 100
  • sp22.JPG
    sp22.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 98
  • sp33.JPG
    sp33.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
  • sp44.JPG
    sp44.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 96
  • sp55.JPG
    sp55.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 95

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MilesWestern said:
jawdrop It's.... :cry: BEAUTIFUL!! :) :cry: I actually dropped my jaw when I saw what has to be the best weathering jb you've EVER done!!! :thumb: WOWZA!! :eek: :D
WOW!!!:D :D :D THANKS!!!!!!Miles!!!!:D i tell you what REALLY STINKS though, my camera takes pics at 2megs big, i have to reduce them down to under 65kb to get them on here:( , doing that REALLY REDUCES the picture quality:cry: . but THANKS AGAIN MILES!! **EDIT: THANKS! g_e_c!!, i posted same time as you.:D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.