Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
AAAAHHHHH, thats better:thumb: :D sign1

Well, I have been busy on e-bay, in the last couple of days, I have bought some N-Scale stuff and HO stuff. Here is a list of some of the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

HO Scale:
  • UP C44-9W
  • 53' Trailer with silver ribs
  • 2 trailer dollies
  • 2 code 83#4 right hand switches
  • 2 Undecorated 37' Trinity Cement Covered Hoppers
  • 48' CP Rail Container
  • Ford LN Grain Box truck
N-Scale:
  • 2 CNW 50' Boxcars
  • GBW 50' Boxcar
  • 54' GSC Flatcar - PRR
  • 2 Code 80 #6 Left Hand switches
And Im bidding on about 25 other HO scale trailers and containers + some truck cabs!!

UP SD40-2

WOW!!!:eek: thats some GREAT STUFF THERE Josh!!!:thumb:... i gotta tell ya though, after i read the UP engine, 2- 50' CNW boxcars AND a GBW(VERY cool:thumb: )50' boxcar, well...:cry:...you COULDN'T have made me PROUDER!!!:thumb::D:D. TRULY AWESOME JOSH!!!:thumb: :D -Deano

cnw1961

Deano, your FGE car looks great and I hope you still got enough sleep tonight :) . The pace your thread is developing is breathtaking, I had a lot to read after beeing absent for three weeks. Thank you for your tutorial on detailing – I found some good advice there.
I spent three weeks on the french island Corsica in the Mediterranian sea, and to my surprise they have a narrow gauge railroad running small passenger trains. It is called the Chemins de fer de la Corse. We stayed in a house that was only 30' away from the track. But the biggest surprise were the marks on the side of the rails : ILLINOIS 1919 USA. So you see, no need to take a trip to the US, we have it all over here sign1 .

Attachments

• rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 88

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
UP SD40-2 said:
is THIS, ANY better?

I think that it looks even better than it did before. I compared the 2 and the inda ink wash just simply can't be left out of weathering. I noticed a differance on the ladders, doors/rails, and steps. Great jod Deano!!:thumb: :thumb:

Nazgul

Man....I leave for 2 days and there's more good stuff here than you can shake a stick at!
Deano, I love pics of your dad's layout...that's what always stands out to me and of course your relationship with him. That's one of the MANY reasons your thread is....
THE BEST ON THE GAUGE!!!!!!!!:thumb: :wave:

UP SD40-2

Steven, THANK YOU!!:D . **Kurt!!!:wave: GLAD YOUR BACK!!!:D , THANK YOU, for the VERY kind words!:D hope you had a GREAT TIME!:thumb: WOW!, the track here in Beloit looks the SAME, only the date is 1948:thumb: . **Josh, THANKS!!!:D i agree, the ink wash really brings things together;) . Steve!, WOW, you are TO KIND:D , THANK YOU SO MUCH!:D :D -Deano

viperman

He's got the bases covered at least. You try and keep up with all these posts by everyone, and thank each one idividually

;)

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
TruckLover said:
I hope so!!:D

So I only won 1 those C44-9W's that I said I was bidding on. The other 2 sold for $53.00:cry: :curse: (the one's with all those detail parts on them)

I won 1 of them for $40.00 and it was the one that did not have any speacial details. But at least I have another engine now and my BNSF Dash 8-40B won't look so alone pulling trains!!:D :D :D

Question: Does the bigger engine go in front (UP C44-9W and then the BNSF Dash 8-40B) or does it matter??

lol, i'm going to cry. I just got an Amtrak (phase 2 paint) AEM-7, which was worth it, but i also picked up an NS SD80MAC for a little less then full price (but with a decoder in it) and it took me 6 hours to attach all the details.

I think most railroads run the AC locomotives up front for some reason relating to wear and maitenance. Which ever has a working cab is usually used, and if not that, then which ever train is on the head end. It actually doesn't matter. I've seen GP38-2s leading SD80s and C40-8Ws on big double stack trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.