Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
sign1 its an 86' autoparts car Miles:thumb: , just 3' shorter then an autorack, OR 3' shorter then a streamliner;) . might use it in your challenge:thumb: . :D -Deano

caliban

May 3, 2006
Lower-Saxony, GERMANY
UP SD40-2 said:
...i am sorry to here about your engines:( , but glad to hear of your trip!:D bring LOTS of film!:thumb: ...

Hi Deano,

thanks for your kind words. As a loco nut you sure can understand how I strong suffer:cry:. But on the other side, had the tickets in the mail yesterday! We're going only for a bit more than a week, we're going to CSX and NS country. Good to have three months to stock up with video cam cassettes and to get a better digicam.
Hey, looks as if your new thread is going to be as mighty as the old onesign1.
BTW: Hi, my name is Tobias and I'm a locoholic!
Ah, here are a few photos of my latest repaint, my wife loves the polar bears in the logo. It's not 100% prototypical, but who knows? It's a Kato GP35, it was in poor shape when I got it (3rd or 4th hand?). I gues I will enter the miniscenes contest with the loco and few more polar bears.:D

Attachments

• hbrw1.JPG
    hbrw1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 91
  • hbrw2.JPG
    hbrw2.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 88
  • hbrw3.JPG
    hbrw3.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 91

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Tobias, WOW!!!:eek: WHAT AN OUTSTANDING JOB!!!:thumb: that engine looks GREAT!!:thumb: i sure hope you get to keep that one;):D . so you are going to be in CSX and NS country eh, two GREAT roads to get some pics of:thumb: . start saving for that new digicam, just don't sell ANY engines to do it;) . keep us posted, THANKS!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
You have to line that boxcar up with one of your Dash-9s. I want to see what is longer
Steven, Chessie6459, Josh, Steve, and Herc, THANKS!!!:D:D announce1 Steven & Josh, YOU guys wanted to see it, so I DID IT:D FIRST pic; SD90/43MAC behind the boxcar, Dash-9 in front of it, WOW!!:eek: the boxcar is bigger then the SD90/43MAC!!!...announce1 ONE thing i want to make clear, the picture is deceiving, the 90mac is ALOT bigger then the Dash-9, but in this pic for some odd reason it doesn't look that much bigger:confused: . **OK, TIME TO PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS!!!:eek:(2nd pic) as you can see, the DD35 is JUST longer then the boxcar! **LAST PIC; it takes the DD40 to make a noticeable difference in engine to car size;) . now that IS, a HUGE BOXCAR!!:eek: :D -Deano View attachment 30291 View attachment 30292 View attachment 30293

Attachments

• pp01.JPG
    pp01.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 85
  • pp02.JPG
    pp02.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 82
  • pp03.JPG
    pp03.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 79

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Hey Deano, Guess what??

Im bidding on 3 UP C44-9W's on e-bay.
The only problem is that the prices are getting a little high for dummies. 2 Of the C44-9W's have some work done to them like:
  • plow
  • ditch lights
  • all grab irons on the nose and hood
  • cab shades
  • antennas
  • horn
  • rear coupler cut levers
  • drop step safety chains
  • rear air hoses
  • they have been weighted to 15 oz.
They are at $41.00 each and they have 1 day left on them.

The other appears to just be a c44-9w in a display case straight out of the box and built. This one has about an hour left on it and it is at $26.00

Are these the basic details to put on the 2 C44-9W's??

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
Hey Deano, Guess what??

Im bidding on 3 UP C44-9W's on e-bay.
The only problem is that the prices are getting a little high for dummies. 2 Of the C44-9W's have some work done to them like:
  • plow
  • ditch lights
  • all grab irons on the nose and hood
  • cab shades
  • antennas
  • horn
  • rear coupler cut levers
  • drop step safety chains
  • rear air hoses
  • they have been weighted to 15 oz.
They are at $41.00 each and they have 1 day left on them.

The other appears to just be a c44-9w in a display case straight out of the box and built. This one has about an hour left on it and it is at $26.00

Are these the basic details to put on the 2 C44-9W's??
Hmm, tough call Josh, $41.00 for detailed dummies, Athearn i am assuming? seems kinda high;) . if the "running" engine is an Athearn RTR, and RUNS GOOD, then thats not to bad:thumb: . let me know what happens:thumb: :D -Deano

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
WOW! That box car dwarfs those locos, and I thought those were big! Hate to see my GP40-2 next to it! I've never heard of those DD's, have any specs on them? Up til now, the C44-9W and the SD90/43MAC were the biggest locos I knew of. Well, make that modern locos, I know some of the steamers were really big too

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
UP in their lust for power (or drunk on it) for whatever reason decided it would be cool to play mad scientist and combine two GP35s together to make the DD35. I don't here much about them, but then later they took a bunch more GP40s and played god with them, lol.

UP made all sorts of oversized locomotives, like the GE U50 which came in different flavors and there was also an Alco super locomotive of comparable size

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Sorry, I forgot to say that the one in the display case is a dummy also. And yes they are all athearn. The 2 that are $41.00 is like paying for them for what it costs to buy the dummy kit and all the detail parts I mentioned cause they retailed for $35.98.

Ill let you know what they end at.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Question:

When were the DD40 and DD35 made and do they still run on the tracks today? They look like a modern engine but I too have not heard very much about them. All I know about them is what you had said in your previous thread.

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
TruckLover said:
Question:

When were the DD40 and DD35 made and do they still run on the tracks today? They look like a modern engine but I too have not heard very much about them. All I know about them is what you had said in your previous thread.
That previous post has ALL the info I know about them too, as I've never even heard of them before

Status
Not open for further replies.