Hi gang. I want to share an experience I had. I started in n-scale last May and have built a small bedroom layout. I have a few Kato engines and they work wonderfully. After awhile, I notice their performance decreasing and would constantly stall. I tried everything from constant cleaning of track and wheels to checking my wiring but nothing really helped. Last night, I was at my wits end, so I dismantled one of my engines, removing the truck assembly to see what I could find. There was lots of fur from my over-shedding CAT wound up in the wheel axles and gears. It was in all my locos and 2 hours later, I cleaned all of them and PROBLEM SOLVED....they run great now! I vaccumed my entire layout today and will have to do more "house cleaning". To make a long story short...engine maintainance is a MUST esp with n scale. I was in HO 10 years ago and don't remember this happening. These little engines need TLC and will repay you with years of enjoyment. I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem. Cheers cpr_boy "learning things as I go along!"