engine help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by WESTSIDERIDER310, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

and as far as confusing people.i think you are the one who is confused because you dont have the knowlege we have.rockn82 knows way more than you do about this suff.and we argue.so sit back and dont get involved,mastmec
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

I din't boot you from anything. And you are wrong, nitro cars and trucks are not supose to move at idle, thats why they have a clutch. And I am involved, this is a forum where people ask questions, and expect to receive useful info that is correct or they end up waisting time doing it the wrong way.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

i didnt say they are supposed to move at idle.dudex/rockn82 said that the later the clutch kicks in the faster it will accellerate.just like a real car were you rev up the motor and dump the cluthc.i said you can Not dump the clutch on a his nitro.and that they are centrifugal clutches and the later they engage the loger it would be for them to start moving.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

i also said that in a real full size car with a manual tranny,the clutch is engaged by a pressure plate control by your foot and can be engaged at will.

nitro engine`s clutches engage by centrifugal force not at will.then i have people calling me an Idiot and to take my BS to the hot rod forum.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

and those are the people who put out wrong info very often.rockn82/dudex would be one of them.
    they call me an idiot because i corrected them, they looked/felt stupid and took it personal.
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

i caught rockn82 telling somone to put a 13t motor in thier Radio Shack car.
    i said No! it will burn out the intergrated reciver/speed control.
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

Tim, rockn82 is correct about lighting the the clutch for it to engage farther into the RPM/HP range so that the car WILL excelerate faster. The .0025 sec. or so longer that it takes to engage the clutch, you will NEVER notice. As you like to put it, in a full sized car, it is the difference between dumping the clutch @1500 RPM vs. @3800 RPM. Which will you excellerate you faster? Here, I'll tell you, @3800 RPM. Same holds true for R/C.
  8. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

can't we all just get along...........
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

nah...it would`nt make any difference if you think about it.true the car would take off faster if it engaged at a higher rpm but that is from When it engages.with a clutch like that.the higher rpm you have the clutch engage the longer it will take to engage.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

so it is the opposite of what you posted.
  11. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

No its not the opposite of what he posted. I dont feel like typing it again so go back and read what I posted about the higher torque band and the timing of clutch engagement. Also I see that there have been no replies to the part I posted about the stall converter for automatic transmissions.
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

it is called a torque conveter i said and not a stall converter.(which is for and automatic tranny for a full size car not a Nitro)and you are indeed wrong about the clutch.it is a centrifugal engaging clutch.you can not Dump the clutch as you said.in other words,you can not engage the clutch at will no matter what springs you have.
  13. dudex

dudex Member

you are right that you cannot dump the clutch at will but with harder springs the motor will engage later which nearly the same as dumping the clutch. The point in engaging later is that first you have more torque at the higher rpms. Second, if you have two identical cars with the same motor, both idling at 3,000 rpms, and one of them engages at 7,000 and the other at 3,500, the one that engages at 7,000 will accelerate quicker. The time it takes for it to spool that extra 3,500 rpm under no load is probably about .07 seconds. The time it takes for the other motor to spool up to 7,000 rpm while trying to move the car is probably about.4 seconds. Now in that .07 seconds time for the first motor to spool to 7,000 and then engage the second car has probably gone about 1-2 feet, ad is now turning maybe 4,500 rpm. WHen the first car takes off with the motor spinning 7,000 while the other car is only spinning 4,500 that extra 1-2 feet that the second car has gone will be quickly eaten up by car one as it is turning 2,500 rpm faster than the second car.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

dude just face it you were wrong.and noone wants to read all that. look check it out......

it is simple,the later the clutch engages,the longer it will take to accelerate.

the later the clutch engages,the faster it will accelerate from When the clutch engages.
  15. dudex

dudex Member

if you had bothered to read my post then you would understand why it does accelerate faster when engaged at higher rpms. And you should not talk about nitro stuff since you admit that you never had one because they stalled too much. I can go through a gallon of gas without my motor ever stalling. You know why? because unlike you I have experience and know what Im doing. so stop acting like you know something when you have no clue as to what you are even posting about.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

dude just face it.you were wrong by saying `it is just like a real car,you rev up the motor and dump the clutch to accellerate faster`doesnt matter what you say now or what you have learned since then.

the fact is that you said it,you were wrong so i corrected you.get over it.
  17. dudex

dudex Member

tim pull your head out of your ass. no one has agreed with you on any of the subjects that you disagree with me on. Try and find one person who thinks Im wrong. You said yourself you dont like nitro because they stall too much. Have you ever even seen a nitro race? They have like 1 hour mains, and no one stalls. You know why? They arent retarded like you and can tune an engine.They also know to how to setup their f'in car, unlike you who has never owned a nitro. So stop pretending you know what youre talking about, and get off the #@$%in forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.