electrical question

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
since we don't have a electrical forum thought I would stick this here. need to know if bipolar electrolytic caps are still made and if not would a led block well enough that wouldn"t need a blocking diode on the ground side of a alternating flasher circuit?

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
thanks guys the caps on the link are not bad on price till you figure in shipping. Don how would you figure the rating on the caps tied in that way there for a oscillator circuit .or would i be better off using blocking diodes?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jim currie said:
thanks guys the caps on the link are not bad on price till you figure in shipping. Don how would you figure the rating on the caps tied in that way there for a oscillator circuit .or would i be better off using blocking diodes?
Jim

If you took say two 100 mfd electrolytics and hooked them up this way, the net results would be 100 mfd. I have used them this way before, but would only use that method as a last resort. A blocking diode should keep your circuit from going negative and you could use any cap as a filter.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
Ray Marinaccio said:
Jim,
Let me know how that works out.
I need Mars lights for a few of the locos I am working on.

will do Ray as of now the circuitry has been worked out .working on size reduction now .it uses two leds that i grind the package flat on one side and super glue together then insert into headlight hole leaving space for a clear lens.