Ehrhardt E-V/4 armored car

I was surfing for images of WWI armored cars last week, and I came across a black and white jpeg of an E-V/4. It was a partially completed, simple card model! For a couple of days I attempted to find out who designed the model, but came up empty. I decided to carry it forward myself using Photoshop. I reduced the size of the rivets, added a hatch or two, and detailed the front end. After computer coloring and weathering, it was time to start building. I finished the basic body last night, and I'm really happy with it. It's in the neighborhood of 1/45th to 1/48th scale. There are a few more details to be drawn up and added, but it's 95% complete. The wheels on the jpeg are very basic 2D images. I'll be layering them to come up with a more 3D representation. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to about axles and drive train. More to come........

Ehrhardt10.jpg

Ehrhardt9.jpg

Ehrhardt11.jpg

Z

Zathros

This, like all of your models, looks great! I look forward to it's completion. :)

Many thanks for your kind remarks, fellas. I added the machine guns the other day, and am still working on the wheels. Unfortunately, I sliced my thumb pretty deeply this morning (not due to card modeling), and am afraid I'll bleed all over any modeling projects. I'm going to let it heal up a bit overnight, and will wear a surgical glove on that hand for a couple of days while working on models.

The machine guns look ok at 1X, but in closeup I really don't like the squared off muzzles. I'll probably break them off, and add small rolled paper tubes.

Ehrhardt12.jpg

Ehrhardt13.jpg

More to come....

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The detail and weathering that you put into it looks FANTASTIC.
You did a GREAT job on this model.

Z

Zathros

This is a beautifully executed model. What more could be said? :)

Many thanks for your kind remarks. If anyone is interested, the model is available for free download over at the Papermodelers forum (jpeg), or at the Landships II site (PDF)